This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object doesn't support this property or method

2 Answers 96 Views
ListView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dominick DeStasio
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dominick DeStasio asked on 08 Feb 2010, 07:35 AM
Hi,

I have a page setup that consists of a script manager, tabstrip, a multipage, and two pageviews each with their own distinct ListView bound to independent Linq datasources that are reading two different tables...

There is NO backend code to the project that I'm working on yet; however, when I when I click the edit item button on any of the list items belonging to the listview that is located on the second pageview, I get the following error:

"Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object doesn't support this property or method" From what I can see in the debug window, the error is being thrown at a.beginUpdate(); If I continue past that error, everything seems to load just fine...but I'm not sure that I have any confidence using the RadListView with this error being raised...

There does not seem to be any issue when clicking the edit button on the first listview...I have recreated the project and removed any backend code and stripped it down to the basics and the issue is still there with two list views on the same page...

Does anyone have any idea what needs to be done to solve this?

Thanks.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dominick DeStasio
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Feb 2010, 07:35 AM
I take that back, the error is now being raised on both ListViews.
Rosen
Telerik team
answered on 09 Feb 2010, 08:52 AM
Hello Dominick,

I'm afraid that I'm unable to recreate the described behavior with the given details. I have attached a small sample which tries to replicate the mentioned scenario. Please take a look and let us know if I'm missing something obvious.

All the best,
Rosen
the Telerik team

Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Follow the status of features or bugs in PITS and vote for them to affect their priority.
Tags
ListView
Asked by
Dominick DeStasio
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dominick DeStasio
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rosen
Telerik team