This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Merge Columns

3 Answers 737 Views
Report Designer (standalone)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kevin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kevin asked on 24 Feb 2016, 07:33 AM

HI,

I have a problem that on Telerix Report for my client requirement.

We need to merge some columns on Right hand side of the Table.  ( Pls see attachment.)

I heard from someone that Telerix Report cannot display merged cell on right hand side ( by Grouping )  Is that true?

Any idea can help me?

Millions Thanks.

Best Regards,

Kevin

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nasko
Telerik team
answered on 26 Feb 2016, 12:26 PM
Hello Kevin,

You are correct. Row groups are ordered from the highest group in the hierarchy to the lowest one with the highest group in the hierarchy displayed on the left.

Regards,
Nasko
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
murali
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Aug 2019, 02:52 PM

Hi Team,

I am new to Telerik report. I can't able to merge the next row cells if the parent(above)cell is not merged. The option is available only if the previous row is merged. Otherwise the option is not displayed. In my case a single table contains many rowspan and colospan.

So, please share how to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

Neli
Telerik team
answered on 27 Aug 2019, 12:42 PM
Hi murali,

The behavior is expected if you are trying to merge cells which are part of a group - check Group Explorer for the groups in the corresponding data item. Only when you select several cells which belong to a single dynamic (or static) group, then the Context Menu would show Merge Cells option. You may try adding a new column outside of the group: Insert Row Above - Outside Group and then try again merging.

Regards,
Neli
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Report Designer (standalone)
Asked by
Kevin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nasko
Telerik team
murali
Top achievements
Rank 1