This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Merge Cells

1 Answer 54 Views
Menu
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Tushar Gupta
Top achievements
Rank 1
Tushar Gupta asked on 04 May 2010, 03:21 PM
Sorry for posting this question in here, I cant find way to delete this post and move it under RadGridView, Admin could you please do that.

Hi,
We are in process of building an application that has Design surface and the requirement is to insert a Table on the surface by specifying number of Columns and Rows and then drag and drop controls in the cell. We also need a functionality where user can select multiple cell and then hit a button to merge the cells. I am planning to use RadGridView for this, so my question is , is RadGridView the right choice and can we acheive above functionality by using this or you can recommand some other control.
Thanks
Tushar 

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Milan
Telerik team
answered on 06 May 2010, 01:14 PM
Hi Tushar Gupta,

RadGridView does not support cell merging functionality and we do not have plans to introduce such feature in the near future. This feature is usually supported by spreadsheets controls that mimic the behavior of Excel. 

Best wishes,
Milan
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
Menu
Asked by
Tushar Gupta
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Milan
Telerik team
Share this question
or