I have a form with multiple rich text editors, all with custom spell checking.
I did have this code to set the spell checker:
System.InvalidOperationExceptionvar culture = CultureInfo.GetCultureInfo(
var checker = (DocumentSpellChecker)radRichTextEditor1.SpellChecker;
radRichTextEditor1.SpellChecker.SpellCheckingCulture = culture;
However, I found that I was using hundreds of megabytes of memory.
The work-around I used was to create a custom document spell checker:
CustomDocumentSpellChecker : DocumentSpellChecker
// Thread-safe thanks to the CLR
CustomDocumentSpellChecker _instance =
var culture = CultureInfo.GetCultureInfo(
SpellCheckingCulture = culture;
I then assigned the custom spell checker to the rich text editor:
radRichTextEditor1.SpellChecker = CustomDocumentSpellChecker.Instance;
I'm hoping this approach is reasonable, and that the spell checker won't have a problem with being assigned to multiple rich text editors.