master detail problem

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. mww
    mww avatar
    257 posts

Posted 26 Jul 2009 Link to this post

I have a grid with a master and detail table.  When I insert a row in the detail table, I need to get a value from the master table (not the datakey value - one of the columns)

How can I do this ?

in the InsertCommand event I have this code

if ("ArtistTypeSWF".Equals(e.Item.OwnerTableView.Name))  -- check for the detail table
                {  
                    Telerik.Web.UI.GridEditFormInsertItem editinsertitem = (Telerik.Web.UI.GridEditFormInsertItem)e.Item;  
                    GridDataItem dataitem = e.Item.OwnerTableView.ParentItem;  

DBObjects.ArtistType at = (DBObjects.ArtistType)dataitem.DataItem;  
                    ----  at is null, I need to get the data from one of the master table columns here
  2. Princy
    Princy avatar
    17421 posts

Posted 27 Jul 2009 Link to this post

Hi,

You can try out the following code to access the value from the parent row when its child table is in Insert mode:
    c#:
    protected void RadGrid1_ItemDataBound(object sender, Telerik.Web.UI.GridItemEventArgs e) 
        { 
           if (e.Item is GridEditFormInsertItem && e.Item.OwnerTableView.Name == "Detail" && e.Item.OwnerTableView.IsItemInserted)   
            { 
                GridEditFormInsertItem item = (GridEditFormInsertItem)e.Item; 
                string strtxt = item.OwnerTableView.ParentItem["ColumnUniqueName"].Text; 

} 
        }     

Thanks
    Princy.
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017