Major issue with 2012_2_0912

43 posts, 0 answers
  1. Rob Ainscough
    Rob Ainscough avatar
    172 posts

Posted 14 Sep 2012 Link to this post

I installed the new Rad Controls for Q2 2012 0912 and changed my project references and now I'm getting some strange behavoir from VS 2010 IDE with the following error:

The type initializer for 'Microsoft.Expression.Platform.Silverlight.SilverlightCommonDesignTimeProperties' threw an exception.

Whenever I try to open any XAML document, I'll get this error. The Design will not display anything, not even the "reload" message.

So I went back to using Q2 2012 0725 and the error has NOT returned.

Anyone else have this problem?  

Rob

2. Rob Ainscough
    Rob Ainscough avatar
    172 posts

Posted 14 Sep 2012 Link to this post

Just wanted to say that I tried this on my home development PC and even tried it on another test dev PC I setup ... and I can confirm that Q2 2012 0912 release of RadControls is the source of the issue (Silverlight 5 projects).

It can also generate the following error:

The type initializer for 'Microsoft.Expression.Platform.Silverlight.Metadata.FrameworkElementMetadata' threw an exception.

I'll submit an official support ticket.

In the meantime I recommend you do NOT install Q2 2012 0912 ... if you already have, then go back to Q2 2012 0725 (that solved the problem for my PCs).

Rob

3. DevCraft banner
  4. Dimitrina
    Admin
    Dimitrina avatar
    3769 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2012 Link to this post

Hello Rob,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We were able to reproduce it and  we are currently investigating it further. Meanwhile may I ask you to share what is the full path where the Rad Controls 2012_2_0912 are installed? 

Kind regards,
    Didie
    the Telerik team

Time to cast your vote for Telerik! Tell DevPro Connections and Windows IT Pro why Telerik is your choice. Telerik is nominated in a total of 25 categories.

5. Rob Ainscough
    Rob Ainscough avatar
    172 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2012 Link to this post

Hi Didie,

The path I used for 0912:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\RadControls_for_Silverlight5_2012_2_0912_Dev_hotfix

The path I used for 0725:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\RadControls_for_Silverlight5_2012_2_0725_Dev_hotfix 

Cheers, Rob.
  6. Marcel
    Marcel avatar
    25 posts

Posted 18 Sep 2012 Link to this post

I can confirm I also get this error.
  7. Gilbert van Veen
    Gilbert van Veen avatar
    68 posts

Posted 19 Sep 2012 Link to this post

We can also confirm this error.
    It looks to me it has todo something with the styles
  8. Dimitrina
    Admin
    Dimitrina avatar
    3769 posts

Hello,

We have located the problematic assembly and we are working to provide a fix.

Kind regards,
    Didie
    the Telerik team

Time to cast your vote for Telerik! Tell DevPro Connections and Windows IT Pro why Telerik is your choice. Telerik is nominated in a total of 25 categories.

9. Rob Ainscough
    Rob Ainscough avatar
    172 posts

Thanks Didie, looking forward to seeing the fix.

Cheers, Rob.
  10. Dee
    Dee avatar
    9 posts

Posted 20 Sep 2012 Link to this post

I got the same error.
    I think  it occurs because of the install folder name. It should "RadControls for ..... SP2", but after Update it is "RadControls for ..... SP1".

11. Marcel
    Marcel avatar
    25 posts

Hi Dee, not sure what you are getting at - my install folder is: 'RadControls for Silverlight Q2 2012 SP2' and I get the error posted.
  12. Andrew
    Andrew avatar
    16 posts

I am also receiveing the same error and my install folder is as expected ('RadControls for Silverlight Q2 2012 SP2')
    Do we have any idea how long for the fix?
    Thanks
  13. Marcel
    Marcel avatar
    25 posts

Hi Rob,

I installed 0912 originally - I am somewhat unclear how to start using 0725. I guess I download the 0725 DLLs? But then do I replace (copy over) my 0912 DLLS? Then once I want to return to 0912 what is the process?

Thanks
  14. Бежнар
    Бежнар avatar
    27 posts

Hi all,
    I work with VS2010 SP1, following the transfer of projects SL5 faced a similar mistake. Within a week, trying to find a solution to this problem. As a final test installed VS2012 ultimate and everything is OK. While and continue to work with VS2010)) and xaml files open without a problem.
    Good luck.
  15. Dimitrina
    Admin
    Dimitrina avatar
    3769 posts

Posted 21 Sep 2012 Link to this post

Hi,

I am writing to update you on the issue. 

We have resolved it. The fix will be part of our next Internal Build (next Monday). Please test it locally and  let us know in case you can still experience the problem.

Please excuse us for the inconvenience caused. 

Kind regards,
    Didie
    the Telerik team

16. Andrew
    Andrew avatar
    16 posts

Posted 24 Sep 2012 Link to this post

Didie - is the new release you talk about today (24th Sep) or do you mean next Monday?
  17. Dimitrina
    Admin
    Dimitrina avatar
    3769 posts

Posted 24 Sep 2012 Link to this post

Hello,

I meant the one scheduled for today. It is still not uploaded though and it will probably be uploaded tomorrow.

Regards,
    Didie
    the Telerik team

18. Marcel
    Marcel avatar
    25 posts

Posted 25 Sep 2012 Link to this post

I apologize - I have not applied a hotfix before. I followed the instructions here http://www.telerik.com/help/silverlight/installation-installing-hotfix.html 

one of the steps is:
    "From the newly downloaded and unzipped files, copy the new DLLs (located in the Binaries folder) to your Silverlight application's folder which contains the Telerik assemblies. Replace the old dll files."

I actually copied the 0924 dll binaries over the 0912 binaries in 'program files/telerik/RadControls for Silverlight Q2 2012 SP2'. I guess that was wrong since now I get:

System.IO.FileLoadException

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView, Version=2012.2.924.1050, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)

My question is: Is the hotfix then applied to each silverlight application individually? I am confused. Please further explain the part I highlighted and italicized above. Thank you
  19. Dimitrina
    Admin
    Dimitrina avatar
    3769 posts

Hi,

You should follow the help article and reference the binaries from a folder where the new binaries and design assemblies are available (the design assemblies should be in the "design" folder).

It is possible that your just downloaded (and extracted) assemblies were locked by your operation system. In this article  you could read more about how to unblock an assembly.

Please let me know if this helped you to solve the problem.

Regards,
    Didie
    the Telerik team

20. Marcel
    Marcel avatar
    25 posts

To resolve my issue upgrading from SL5 0912 to 0924 (Hotfix), I did the following:
      1. before unzipping the hotfix, I unblocked the DLLs - as per instructions at: http://www.telerik.com/help/silverlight/installation-installing-hotfix.html .
      2. unzipped the hotfix to C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\RadControls_for_Silverlight5_2012_2_0924_DEV_hotfix folder
      3. In visual studio; Telerik menu option; RadControls for Silverlight; Upgrade Wizard - I browsed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\RadControls_for_Silverlight5_2012_2_0924_DEV_hotfix\Binaries\Silverlight
      4. I completed the upgrade and everything started to work. The bug reported in this thread is also fixed. Thank you.

References:
    http://www.telerik.com/help/silverlight/radcontrols-for-silverlight-vs-extensions-upgrading.html  .

21. John
    John  avatar
    1 posts

Hi,

Could you confirm if the new build has been uploaded?
    I logged in to my account and in the download section I am unable to find the hot fix the last  version I can see is the Sep 12 Version 2012.2 912

22. Dimitrina
    Admin
    Dimitrina avatar
    3769 posts

Posted 26 Sep 2012 Link to this post

Hello,

You can download the latest internal build here after you login in to your account.

Greetings,
    Didie
    the Telerik team

23. Nucleo
    Nucleo avatar
    13 posts

Posted 27 Sep 2012 Link to this post

Hello, I downloaded the HotFix and replaced my DLLs but I'm still getting the error.
  24. Dimitrina
    Admin
    Dimitrina avatar
    3769 posts

Posted 28 Sep 2012 Link to this post

Hello,

May I ask you to double check if you have extracted both the binaries and the design folder. Then please Clean the solution and Rebuild.

I hope this will resolve the problem at your end.

All the best,
    Didie
    the Telerik team

25. Johannes
    Johannes avatar
    2 posts

Posted 03 Oct 2012 Link to this post

Hello,

We cannot find the latest internal build (0924) from the download page. The only internal build we can see there is 2012.2 912. What is the situation with this problem?
  26. Dimitrina
    Admin
    Dimitrina avatar
    3769 posts

Hi,

You can download the latest internal build here after you login into your account. You just need to select Product "RadControls for Silverlight" and you will be able to download the latest version.

Greetings,
    Didie
    the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

27. Johannes
    Johannes avatar
    2 posts

Hello,

Please see the attached screen capture. We can only see build number 2012.2 912.
  28. Dimitrina
    Admin
    Dimitrina avatar
    3769 posts

Hi,

That is correct - this is the last official version. Please check right below it - you will find hotfix version 2012.2.1001.

Regards,
    Didie
    the Telerik team

29. Mark
    Mark avatar
    2 posts

Posted 11 Oct 2012 Link to this post

Hello,
    I too was having the above issue on a trial install as a new user of your product.  I have installed the hotfix above and no longer have the above issue.  I do however have a new one.

Method not found: 'System.Delegate System.Reflection.MethodInfo.CreateDelegate(System.Type, System.Object)'.
       at System.Dynamic.Utils.TypeExtensions.CreateDelegate(MethodInfo methodInfo, Type delegateType, Object target)
       at System.Linq.Expressions.Compiler.LambdaCompiler.CreateDelegate()
       at System.Linq.Expressions.Compiler.LambdaCompiler.Compile(LambdaExpression lambda, DebugInfoGenerator debugInfoGenerator)
       at Telerik.Windows.Data.BindingToExpressionHelper.CreateUntypedMemberAccessFunc(LambdaExpression memberAccessLambda)
       at Telerik.Windows.Data.QueryableCollectionView.InitializeInternalList(IQueryable view)
       at Telerik.Windows.Data.QueryableCollectionView.CreateInternalList()
       at Telerik.Windows.Data.QueryableCollectionView.get_InternalList()
       at Telerik.Windows.Data.QueryableCollectionView.InternalIndexOf(Object item)
       at Telerik.Windows.Data.QueryableCollectionView.TryRestorePreviousCurrency()
       at Telerik.Windows.Data.QueryableCollectionView.InitializeCurrencyOnRefresh()
       at Telerik.Windows.Data.QueryableCollectionView.RefreshOverride()
       at Telerik.Windows.Data.QueryableCollectionView.RefreshOrDefer()
       at Telerik.Windows.Data.QueryableCollectionView.InvalidatePagingAndRefresh()
       at Telerik.Windows.Data.QueryableCollectionView.OnSortDescriptorsCollectionChanged(Object sender, NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)
       at System.Collections.Specialized.NotifyCollectionChangedEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)
       at System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1.OnCollectionChanged(NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)
       at Telerik.Windows.Data.ObservableItemCollection`1.OnCollectionChanged(NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)
       at System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1.InsertItem(Int32 index, T item)

from this xaml:

<IW:IWBasePanel x:Class="IntelliWrite.Claims.UI.MainClaim.NotesPanel"
               xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
        xmlns:IW="clr-namespace:IntelliWrite.Claims.UI.Controls"
        xmlns:iwdata="clr-namespace:IntelliWrite.Claims.UI.IWServices"
        xmlns:dg="clr-namespace:System.Windows.Controls;assembly=System.Windows.Controls.Data"
                    xmlns:compMod="clr-namespace:System.ComponentModel;assembly=System.Windows"
        mc:Ignorable="d"
        d:DesignHeight="497" d:DesignWidth="1050" xmlns:sdk="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation/sdk"
        d:DataContext="{d:DesignData Source=./DesignData/ClaimNotesContainer.xaml}"
        xmlns:telerikHtml="clr-namespace:Telerik.Windows.Documents.FormatProviders.Html;assembly=Telerik.Windows.Documents.FormatProviders.Html">
        <IW:IWBasePanel.Resources>
            <telerikHtml:HtmlDataProvider x:Key="htmlDataProvider" Html="{Binding ElementName=documentListBox, Path=SelectedItem.Content, Mode=OneWay}" RichTextBox="{Binding ElementName=editor}" />
        </IW:IWBasePanel.Resources>
        <Grid x:Name="LayoutRoot" Background="White" >
            <Grid.RowDefinitions>
                <RowDefinition Height="*" />
            </Grid.RowDefinitions>
            <Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
                <ColumnDefinition></ColumnDefinition>
            </Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
            <Border Margin="0,0,0,0">
                <Grid>
                    <sdk:Label Content="Notes" Height="20" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Margin="10,0,0,0" Name="label10" VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="120" />
                    <StackPanel>   
                        <telerik:RadExpander  Header="Header" Height="100" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Margin="15,6,0,0" Name="radExpSearch" VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="auto">
                            <telerik:RadExpander.Content>
                                  <Grid
                                      <TextBox Height="23" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Margin="5,5,0,0" Name="txtSearch" VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="120" />
                                </Grid>
                            </telerik:RadExpander.Content>
                        </telerik:RadExpander>
                    </StackPanel>
                    <telerik:RadGridView Name="dgNotes"  ItemsSource="{Binding Notes}" AutoGenerateColumns="False" Margin="10,50,10,10" RowDetailsVisibilityMode="Visible">
                        <telerik:RadGridView.SortDescriptors>
                            <telerik:SortDescriptor Member="SysDate" SortDirection="Descending"/>
                        </telerik:RadGridView.SortDescriptors>
                        <telerik:RadGridView.Columns>
                            <telerik:GridViewDataColumn IsReadOnly="True" Header="Date" Width="170" DataMemberBinding="{Binding SysDate}"/>
                            <telerik:GridViewDataColumn IsReadOnly="True" Header="Type" Width="200" DataMemberBinding="{Binding NoteType.Value}" />
                            <telerik:GridViewDataColumn IsReadOnly="True" Header="Claimant" Width="200" DataMemberBinding="{Binding ClaimParty.FirstName}" />
                            <telerik:GridViewDataColumn IsReadOnly="True" Header="User" Width="150" DataMemberBinding="{Binding EnteredBy.UserId}" />
                        </telerik:RadGridView.Columns>

<telerik:RadGridView.RowDetailsTemplate>
                            <DataTemplate>
                                <Border>
                                    <telerik:RadRichTextBox x:Name="richTextBox" IsReadOnly="True"  MaxHeight="300" IsSpellCheckingEnabled="False" >
                                        <telerik:RadRichTextBox.Resources>
                                            <telerikHtml:HtmlDataProvider x:Key="htmlDataProvider"  RichTextBox="{Binding ElementName=richTextBox}" Html="{Binding NoteText}"  />
                                        </telerik:RadRichTextBox.Resources>
                                    </telerik:RadRichTextBox>
                                </Border>
                            </DataTemplate>
                        </telerik:RadGridView.RowDetailsTemplate>
                    </telerik:RadGridView>
                </Grid>
            </Border>
        </Grid>
    </IW:IWBasePanel>

This is a new install so we could have missed something in the set up.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Mark
  30. Vlad
    Admin
    Vlad avatar
    11100 posts

Posted 12 Oct 2012 Link to this post

Hi,

Can you post your Silverlight and grid exact versions?

All the best,
    Vlad
    the Telerik team

31. Mark
    Mark avatar
    2 posts

Posted 12 Oct 2012 Link to this post

Hello,
    Here you go.
    Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView - 2012.2.912.1050
    Microsoft Silverlight                 5.1.10411.0
    Microsoft Silverlight 3 SDK      3.0.40818.0
    Microsoft Silverlight 4 SDK      4.0.50826.0
    Microsoft Silverlight 5 SDK      5.061118.0
    Microsoft Silverlight 5 Toolkit December 2011    5.0.51209.1124