Thanks for your feature requests. I will add comment inline:
1. Option to switch a method/class from public to protected to private to internal as appropriate
We already have this feature in mind. We will raise its priority. It will be ready before Q1 2012 (probably in an internal build or in the SP1 for Q3 2011).
2. A visible indicator when we put in a recursive method call
Sounds like a nice feature. Added PITS issue for it: http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/justcode/8261. You can vote for it.
3. The ability to hide the VS tooltip as we navigate the options of the visual aid (right now types covered by the telerik dropdown cause a VS tooltip to appear above the telerik dropdown)
This is a known issue. We will try to fix it for the next release (Q3 2011).
4. Force simplification of usings on code cleanup. There are times when I'm using an enum like System.Data.DbType and when I do the cleanup the cleanup leaves it fully pathed. I think it should remove the namespace and add a using for me.
We have considered that feature for some time. Here is a PITS issue: http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/justcode/8264
5. VS already gives us a little highlight on parenthesis/braces to show the matching item. Would like to see that for quotes, too.
Added PITS item: http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/justcode/8269
6. A handy feature I saw in another tool: if the brace/parenthesis that matches is offscreen have a popup in the appropriate place to show the line/s of code that match it. Helpful for certain kinds of loops.
Added PITS item: http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/justcode/8270
7. Allow the generate documentation keystroke work anywhere within the method
Added PITS item for that: http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/justcode/8271
8. Optionally allow the using Statements in a code cleanup to be put into a region so they can be collapsed
We will definitely consider that. Here is a PITS item: http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/justcode/8272
9. If we're typing in the name of a recognized class/type to automatically put in the using reference (if only one exists) or auto popup prompt if multiple hits possible) and the ability when we're typing in a full path to a type to have it auto-updated to the type with a using reference added for us.
You should be able to do all that with the Fix Usings command (after some improvements you have already suggested).
Your comments are much appreciated, Neil. All of them make a lot of sense and we will take them into serious consideration during our next release planning.
the Telerik team
Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>