This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

long text about 200 pages in rad editor hang when publish in sharepoint

1 Answer 32 Views
WebParts for SharePoint
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
juan
Top achievements
Rank 1
juan asked on 22 Jan 2009, 09:50 AM
Hi Guys,

I have created the article with rad editor about 200 pages which hangs when I click the publish in sharepoint.

Is there any limitation or any idea about his problem?

Thanks
Juan

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 23 Jan 2009, 03:59 PM
Hi Juan,

There is no limit of the content. How ever everything depends on how fast the javascript on the client will parse the information.

You should know that there are a number of built-in filters identified in the EditorFilters enumeration: RemoveScripts, MakeUrlsAbsolute, FixUlBoldItalic, FixEnclosingP, IECleanAnchors, MozEmStrong, ConvertFontToSpan, ConvertToXhtml, IdentHTMLContent and DefaultFilters, which are slowing down the parsing of the content.

You can find out how to enable and disable filters in our online help: http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/contentfilters.html

In MOSS you can disable the content filters by opening the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\wpresources\RadEditorSharePoint\5.3.2.0__1f131a624888eeed\Resources\ConfigFile.xml or ListConfigFile and setting the following property tag:

<property name="ContentFilters">None</property>

I hope this helps.

All the best,
Stanimir
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
WebParts for SharePoint
Asked by
juan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stanimir
Telerik team
Share this question
or