This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Localization

10 Answers 433 Views
FileExplorer
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Filip Salwender
Top achievements
Rank 1
Filip Salwender asked on 17 Mar 2009, 07:47 PM

Hi there,

Is it possible to localize this control?

Thank you.

EDIT: Never mind ... I thougt that there will be some .resx called FileExplorer. I found what I needed.

10 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
answered on 18 Mar 2009, 02:09 PM
Hi Filip,

The RadFileExplorer can be localized in the same manner as the RadEditor's dialogs.

Localization is contained in resource files .resx which are within the product dll. There are three built-in localizations (English, French and German) which can be set through the Language property. For example to localize the editor in German set Language="de-DE".

To create your own localizations for the RadFileExplorer you need to create the  App_Global Resources folder in the root of your web application and copy the English resx file (which is in the installation folder) into it. The needed file is RadEditor.Dialogs.resx.

After you have copied the resx file, you must duplicate it and rename it using the syntax shown in the few examples RadEditor.Dialogs.<Your_Language>.resx .All resx file contain two columns: Name and Value and you can set the value to the string you want to show.

This being said, in order to localize the RadFileExplorer e.g for German you should go through the following steps:

1. Copy the RadEditor.Dialogs.resx and RadEditor.Dialogs.de-DE.resx files to the App_GlobalResources folder
  2. Set the language for the RadFileExplorer as shown below:

<telerik:RadFileExplorer runat="server" ID="FileExplorer1" Width="100%" Skin="Vista" 
                OnClientLoad="OnClientFileOpen" Language="de-DE">  
                <Configuration ViewPaths="~/temp" UploadPaths="~/temp" DeletePaths="~/temp" /> 
            </telerik:RadFileExplorer> 

Greetings,
Svetlina
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Hessner
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 24 Aug 2009, 06:41 PM
"Click here to sort" are not to be found inside RadEditor.Dialogs.resx?
Lini
Telerik team
answered on 25 Aug 2009, 08:01 AM
Hi,

The following strings will be added to the localization for the file explorer in this week's service pack release:

Common_GridSortToolTip - "Click here to sort"
Common_GridSortedDescToolTip - "Sorted desc"
Common_GridSortedAscToolTip - "Sorted asc"

Sincerely yours,
Lini
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Hamdy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Mar 2010, 01:16 PM
I did every thing but it is not working
may be from what?

do I have to change the culture of the page
Lini
Telerik team
answered on 25 Mar 2010, 09:23 AM
Hello,

Please explain what you did and in what environment are you using the file explorer. Copying the .resx files to App_GlobalResources and setting the language property of the control should be enough.

In some cases, additional steps are needed to enable the localization. For example - in DNN you need to set the LocalizationPath property of the control as well: http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/dotnetnuke/skin-objects/dnn-radeditor-localization.aspx

Sincerely yours,
Lini
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Hamdy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Mar 2010, 09:27 AM
I copied the resx file to the global resources path
create another Arabic file
Change the data

assign the language property to the file explore as "ar-SA"

working on
vs 2008
Lini
Telerik team
answered on 02 Apr 2010, 11:58 AM
Hello,

We tested this scenario and found no problems with it. Here is the file explorer declaration in the aspx file:

<telerik:RadFileExplorer ID="RadFileExplorer1" Language="ar-SA" runat="server"></telerik:RadFileExplorer>

The App_GlobalResources folder in the web site contains two files:

RadEditor.Dialogs.resx
RadEditor.Dialogs.ar-SA.resx

The first is the default English strings and the second contains the translated strings for ar-SA. The strings you need to translate are the ones starting with "Common_" - e.g. "Common_Refresh", "Common_CreateNewFolder", etc.

Best wishes,
Lini
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Hamdy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Apr 2010, 08:23 AM
Same as u

I tried to make the same scenario  with small project it works perfectly
it is not working in the big project
the project is the DNN project
try to put the same page beside the default.aspx page nd call it default2.aspx and put the resource files
it will not work
this is my real scenario

I want to Attach the whole project of dnn but it is 35 mb
Lini
Telerik team
answered on 06 Apr 2010, 02:17 PM
Hello,

If you are using DNN, then you need to place the .resx files in another location and set the LocalizationPath property of the file explorer control to point to that location in the DNN web application - for example "~/controls/TelerikResources/".

For more DNN specific information, see the link I pasted a couple of messages back in this thread.

All the best,
Lini
the Telerik team

Hamdy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Apr 2010, 02:21 PM
it is great
it works

thanx
Tags
FileExplorer
Asked by
Filip Salwender
Top achievements