This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Loading Panel not working in vs.net 2012 webapplication

3 Answers 43 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 2
Daniel asked on 11 Aug 2012, 12:15 PM
To replicate

Create a new RadControlsWebApplication
Copy files from \Live Demos\Ajax\Examples\Common\LoadingUserControls
Remove the Telerik Header and Footer tags
Set NameSpace for all added files to your webapplication name.class
Build and Run

The ajaxloading panel is not working, I also tried setting the project to compile against the 4.0 runtime instead of the 4.5 but same results.

Thanks

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
answered on 15 Aug 2012, 11:53 AM
Hello Daniel,

I tried to replicate the problematic behaviour on my end using the described environment but to no avail. Find the movie below which shows my local test and let me know if I'm missing something:
http://screencast.com/t/KRA9kMaNfb6

Kind regards,
Maria Ilieva
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 15 Aug 2012, 07:09 PM
I saw your video and it looks fine.  I am not sure what we are doing differently but I am still able to replicate the problem.

Using the below steps.

Copying and pasting the files into the new RadWebApplication shouldn't make a difference.  The only other thing different in
your video was that you still had the telerik demo usercontrols in your project, ie <telerik:header> ect.  but again that
shouldn't affect the ajax loading panel.

Thanks for taking a look at this problem.
Accepted
Martin
Telerik team
answered on 20 Aug 2012, 11:24 AM
Hello Daniel,

I suspect that the problem might be the fact that RadAjaxLoadingPanel does not show the default loading images unless a valid skin is set to it. In our live examples however skins are set through a global skin manager. That is why the loading panel still shows even though the loading panel markup does not set a skin. But if you copy-paste the markup in a new project where skin manager does not set a valid skin, the loading panel will not show.

Based on the above I would suggest that you set the Skin attribute of the loading panel to one of the valid built in skins and verify whether the problems still exists (you can reference the updated video of the previous post).

Kind regards,
Martin
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Ajax
Asked by
Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 2