Loading Indicator

5 posts, 1 answers
  1. Michael
    Michael avatar
    16 posts

Posted 04 Sep 2012 Link to this post

Is it possible to display a Loading Indicator when the Calendar is switching the displayed month?  My issue is that there is a noticeable UI hang when swiping to the next or previous month. 
  2. Answer
    Kiril Stanoev
    Admin
    Kiril Stanoev avatar
    1512 posts

Posted 05 Sep 2012 Link to this post

Hello Michael,

Thank you for contacting us. One possible way to achieve what you're looking for is to use couple of events where you'll start or stop the busy indicator. This is what I have in mind.

<Grid HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center">
        <telerikInput:RadCalendar ManipulationCompleted="RadCalendar_ManipulationCompleted"
                ManipulationDelta="RadCalendar_ManipulationDelta" />
        <telerikPrimitives:RadBusyIndicator x:Name="busyIndicator1" />
    </Grid>

private void RadCalendar_ManipulationCompleted(object sender, ManipulationCompletedEventArgs e)
    {
        this.busyIndicator1.IsRunning = false;
    }

private void RadCalendar_ManipulationDelta(object sender, ManipulationDeltaEventArgs e)
    {
        this.busyIndicator1.IsRunning = true;
    }

That being said, I agree with you that there is a certain delay while changing the display month. I've logged an item in our backlog to improve this functionality.

Give the above approach and try and let me know how it works for you. I'd be glad to further assist you.
    Regards,
    Kiril Stanoev
    the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

3. DevCraft banner
  4. Michael
    Michael avatar
    16 posts

Posted 05 Sep 2012 Link to this post

That worked well thank you. 
  5. Ilya
    Ilya avatar
    2 posts

Posted 14 Apr 2013 Link to this post

Hello, Kirill.
    In Silverlight5 I have tried to implement this solution, but I get the exception:
    "System.NotImplementedException occurred
      Message=The method or operation is not implemented.
      StackTrace:
           at System.Windows.UIElement.add_ManipulationCompleted(EventHandler`1 value)
      InnerException: "

How can I fix this problem?

6. Kiril Stanoev
    Admin
    Kiril Stanoev avatar
    1512 posts

Posted 17 Apr 2013 Link to this post

Hi Ilya,

According to MSDN, the ManipulationCompleted is not supported in Silverlight for desktop applications: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.uielement.manipulationcompleted(v=vs.95).aspx

You can have a look at this forum thread where alternatives are discussed: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/silverlightarchieve/thread/22312bdb-1765-49c0-ba03-34e1fc19776c/

Regards,
    Kiril Stanoev
    the Telerik team
    Have a suggestion or face a problem - you can use the Ideas & Feedback portal to submit ideas, feedback and vote for them.
DevCraft banner