This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Loading Indicator

4 Answers 48 Views
Calendar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
Michael asked on 04 Sep 2012, 07:05 PM
Is it possible to display a Loading Indicator when the Calendar is switching the displayed month?  My issue is that there is a noticeable UI hang when swiping to the next or previous month. 

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Kiril Stanoev
Telerik team
answered on 05 Sep 2012, 07:03 AM
Hello Michael,

Thank you for contacting us. One possible way to achieve what you're looking for is to use couple of events where you'll start or stop the busy indicator. This is what I have in mind.

<Grid HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center">
    <telerikInput:RadCalendar ManipulationCompleted="RadCalendar_ManipulationCompleted"
            ManipulationDelta="RadCalendar_ManipulationDelta" />
    <telerikPrimitives:RadBusyIndicator x:Name="busyIndicator1" />
</Grid>

private void RadCalendar_ManipulationCompleted(object sender, ManipulationCompletedEventArgs e)
{
    this.busyIndicator1.IsRunning = false;
}

private void RadCalendar_ManipulationDelta(object sender, ManipulationDeltaEventArgs e)
{
    this.busyIndicator1.IsRunning = true;
}

That being said, I agree with you that there is a certain delay while changing the display month. I've logged an item in our backlog to improve this functionality.

Give the above approach and try and let me know how it works for you. I'd be glad to further assist you.
Regards,
Kiril Stanoev
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Sep 2012, 12:47 PM
That worked well thank you. 
Ilya
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Apr 2013, 04:17 AM
Hello, Kirill.
In Silverlight5 I have tried to implement this solution, but I get the exception:
"System.NotImplementedException occurred
  Message=The method or operation is not implemented.
  StackTrace:
       at System.Windows.UIElement.add_ManipulationCompleted(EventHandler`1 value)
  InnerException: "

How can I fix this problem?

Kiril Stanoev
Telerik team
answered on 17 Apr 2013, 08:04 AM
Hi Ilya,

According to MSDN, the ManipulationCompleted is not supported in Silverlight for desktop applications: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.uielement.manipulationcompleted(v=vs.95).aspx

You can have a look at this forum thread where alternatives are discussed: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/silverlightarchieve/thread/22312bdb-1765-49c0-ba03-34e1fc19776c/

Regards,
Kiril Stanoev
the Telerik team
Have a suggestion or face a problem - you can use the Ideas & Feedback portal to submit ideas, feedback and vote for them.
Tags
Calendar
Asked by
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kiril Stanoev
Telerik team
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1