This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Load Test perpetual license version 2016.1.330.0

7 Answers 55 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ewin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ewin asked on 24 Mar 2017, 07:10 PM

Hello Test Studio team, 

It has been a long while since I used Test Studio.  Well the reason for this post is the request some assistance in load testing. I remember I did use load test functionality before. 

So I already generate one user profile to use for the test and saw the traffic and adjusted the work load to accordingly.

I added my machine as the performance monitor. 

In the available users, I put in Start test with 5 and end test with 50 concurrent users. 

Ramp up user count for 2 minutes

Run test for 10 minutes. 

I then click Run, I select average response time and current virtual users for overall test as the goals for the test. 

But after all that, I am getting this message: 

We are unable to run the test. 

Please make sure that the controller you are using have enough Users allocated to run this test. 

Then I click Manage, I see my machine as the scheduling service with 600 users as shown in screenshot. 

As a perpetual license but expired, I thought the functionality would not be altered. Also I know that we are not going to renew our license / subscription. 

http://www.telerik.com/purchase/license-agreement/teststudio

I do not understand what could be the problem.

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Daniel Djambov
Telerik team
answered on 29 Mar 2017, 05:59 AM
Hi Ewin,

Good to hear you again!

To the point - I don't think there is a problem with the license because I can see from the screenshot you sent there are 600 virtual users available in your account.

This problem seems to be related to not having your current machine registered as scheduling server and not having virtual users assigned to it. For example if the machine from which you want to run the load test with 50 users is not registered in Manage Users or does not have 50 VUs assigned, you will get such error.

Is that the case for you? Is 'bam-ehong' the machine you try to run the load test from? Because this machine has all available virtual users assigned to it and only this machine can be used to run a load test in this case. If you want to add another machine, do it and assign VU to it after reducing the VUs from the existing registered scheduling server.

Please tell me if that helped.

Best Regards,
Daniel Djambov
Telerik by Progress

The New Release of Telerik Test Studio Is Here! Download, install,
and send us your feedback!
Ewin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Mar 2017, 03:03 PM

Thank you Daniel. 

So I apparently did not see I had an newer internal build of 2016.1.609. When I saw that, I upgrade my TS.  With the installation process, I did not install the scheduling service.  So I then installed it and that appeared to be the issue.  

I also have a recorded webtest available.  But when I tried to use it as a user profile, I do not see any traffic going through even though the test executed successfully.  But when I click on computer, it does capture my local traffic if I select capture a new session and click computer under device.

Elena
Telerik team
answered on 03 Apr 2017, 01:23 PM
Hello Ewin,

Let me please interfere into this thread since my colleague Daniel is out of office. 

Since you could capture the same traffic with a new capture session the web test might be corrupted somehow. Could you please record the web test again and try to capture traffic from it? 

Please give a try to record a web test against a public accessible page and capture its traffic for a user profile. Will that work as expected? 

If none of the above captures the traffic from an already recorded web test I would like to ask you to create a new sample project and add the web tests from the current project. Then create a new load test and try to use the web tests for user profile. Please let me know of the results. 

Thanks in advance for your cooperation! 

Regards,
Elena Tsvetkova
Telerik by Progress

Ewin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Apr 2017, 05:21 PM

Hi Elena, 

So I tried what you suggested I do.  But I got the same result when I did the new web test.  A simple navigate to google.com and do a basic search.  Nothing came back.  I have IE, firefox, and chrome installed.  One thing to note is that my company put this new security software onto our machines called Sophos Endpoint https://www.sophos.com/en-us.aspx.  I played around with load test briefly before my company installed this software to see what it was capable of performing.  When I used it, it did provide data traffic.  Not sure what else to do. 

Elena
Telerik team
answered on 06 Apr 2017, 11:46 AM
Hello Ewin,

Thanks for the additional details. 

Test Studio is starting a proxy in the background in order to capture the traffic during a load test recording or execution. So it is quite possible that the antivirus software is preventing Test Studio to work properly. Would it be possible to disable the Sophos tool for a while and then give a try to capture traffic? Would that change the behavior? 

I am looking forward to hearing from you!

Regards,
Elena Tsvetkova
Telerik by Progress

Ewin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Apr 2017, 08:07 PM

I tried to disable it, but I guess I dont have the permission to do so. 

I have to ask for it to be disabled to check.

Will update afterwards.

Elena
Telerik team
answered on 11 Apr 2017, 10:25 AM
Hi Ewin,

Thanks for getting back to me. 

It is expected that the provided permissions will be restricted. So please take your time to communicate this with your IT department and get back to me once you have any results. 

Thanks for your cooperation! 

Regards,
Elena Tsvetkova
Telerik by Progress

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Ewin
Top achievements
Rank 1