Load on demand works with WCF in Chrome but not IE under windows auth

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. BitShift
    BitShift avatar
    29 posts
    Member since:
    Aug 2014

    Posted 28 Aug 2014 Link to this post

    I have a WCF service that I build the list of nodes for a tree.  The service is in the same directory as the website which is using windows authentication.  Everything works fine locally, but when I put the code on a dev server running IIS 7, the tree loads as expected in Chrome, but with IE, I get "...method failed".  Watching the traffic with fiddler:

    Locally with IE:
    401 requests followed by 200 OK codes.

    Request to Dev server with IE
    When I expand the tree, there is the 401 request, which prompts for credentials again.  This DOES NOT happen in chrome.  I just see the call to the WCF method and it results in an http 200 OK.

    Ive followed the examples in both the documentation and other sources:
    http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/treeview-load-on-demand-wcf.html
    http://www.slickit.ca/2009/02/wcf-using-iis-and-windows.html

    but I am still getting the issue with IE v9 





  2. BitShift
    BitShift avatar
    29 posts
    Member since:
    Aug 2014

    Posted 29 Aug 2014 in reply to BitShift Link to this post

    Just wanted to let everyone know I got it working.  Turns out all my WCF config settings/bindings etc were correct.  I had both digest AND windows authentication turned on.  Once I ensured that ONLY windows authentication was turned on, IE started playing nice with the WCF call.
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
Back to Top