This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Load on demand

3 Answers 119 Views
TreeListView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Gabe
Top achievements
Rank 1
Gabe asked on 24 Feb 2011, 03:13 PM
Hi,
  I was wondering if there is a way to implement a "load on demand" pattern using RadTreeListView?  I noticed that the feature is included with RadTreeView:

http://www.telerik.com/help/wpf/radtreeview-features-load-on-demand.html

But I cannot find any documentation related to it for RadTreeListView.

Thanks,
-Gabe

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Yordanka
Telerik team
answered on 24 Feb 2011, 05:14 PM
Hello Gabe,

You may take a look at this online demo.

Regards,
Yordanka
the Telerik team
Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!
Gabe
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Feb 2011, 05:33 PM
Hi Yordanka,
  Thank you for the prompt response.  I had previously tried to use this RowIsExpandedChanged event, however, it does not appear to ever be called.  Being concerned that I did not configure the control correctly, I created an application using the code in the getting started tutorial, and indeed it appears to suffer from the same issue.  In order to reproduce this issue you can run the code from the getting started tutorial, just add a RowIsExpandedChanged handler and put a breakpoint in it, I am never seeing this breakpoint being hit.  I am referencing telerik controls version 2010.2.812.35.  All work was completed in Visual Studio 2008.

Thanks,
-Gabe
Hristo
Telerik team
answered on 25 Feb 2011, 05:49 PM
Hi Gabe,

We can confirm that we had an issue with RowIsExpandedChanged  in Q2 2010 SP1 version - the one pointed by you. But, it was fixed with the next official release - Q2 2010 SP2 (.0924). Is it possible to you to upgrade to this version or to our latest official version - Q3 2010 SP1 (.1314) so that you would be able to implement Load on demand approach ?

Kind regards,
Hristo
the Telerik team
Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!
Tags
TreeListView
Asked by
Gabe
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Yordanka
Telerik team
Gabe
Top achievements
Rank 1