This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Load on Demand

1 Answer 124 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Paul asked on 14 Sep 2016, 06:21 PM

Hello,

The RadGridView's DataSource is set to a BindingSource. I am using the RadGridView.TableElement.VScrollBar.ValueChanged event to detect once the user has scrolled to a certain point. I then grab more items from the database and load them into the BindingSource and call BindingSource.ResetBindings(false) to refresh the items in the grid. This works fine unless the user is dragging the Thumb on the ScrollBar. After the event is triggered and more items are loaded, the Thumb is still focused and drag-able, but there is a large empty area below the last row in the grid. You can scroll down a lot further than the number of rows in the grid. Calling Refresh on the GridView does not remove the white area.

Is there a way to remove the white area this creates? Or maybe a better way to accomplish Load on Demand?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
answered on 16 Sep 2016, 01:41 PM
Hello Paul,

Thank you for writing.  

I think that RadVirtualGrid is more suitable for your case. It is a grid component developed on top of Telerik Presentation Framework which provides a convenient way to implement your own data management operations and optimizes the performance when interacting with large amounts of data. Additional information is available here: http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/winforms/virtualgrid/virtualgrid

I hope this information helps. Should you have further questions I would be glad to help.

Regards,
Dess
Telerik by Progress
Check out the Windows Forms project converter, which aids the conversion process from standard Windows Forms applications written in C# or VB to Telerik UI for WinForms.For more information check out this blog post and share your thoughts.
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
Share this question
or