This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Live Data

5 Answers 202 Views
ChartView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Nada
Top achievements
Rank 1
Nada asked on 25 Jun 2013, 07:08 AM
Hello,
I am building an application that plots points taken from the USB COM port, into C#, then i want to display these data, it reads a sample every 4 ms, the Y-axis is the value read, and the X-axis is the time.
Can it be done using your Grid View/ Live data control ? 
And is there a better control that i am not baying attention to ?
Any help is appreciated, 

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Nada.

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 27 Jun 2013, 08:19 AM
Hello Nada,

Live data can be displayed using our ChartView control. You can find a demo example of such a scenario here ( the Silverlight and WPF versions would be equivalent ). 

Regards,
Nikolay
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WPF.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Nada
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Jun 2013, 11:09 AM

my question is (i think) very simple.

I have a variable (double voltage) changing every 4 m second, and basically i want to show the variations on a chart. I'm using visual studio 2010 and the target is .net Framework 4.0
Note: i want it to work on regular desktop application not ASP.Net application and not WPF.
My application will be running on windows computers, XP, 7 and 8.
is your live data chart control what suites me ?

Please, i need an answer ASAP.
Regards,
Nada.

Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jul 2013, 06:34 AM
Hello Nada,

The ChartView control should definitely suit such live data scenarios. We have attached a sample test application that you could review and test with different values.

We are, however, unsure what you mean by this line : 
"Note: i want it to work on regular desktop application not ASP.Net application and not WPF."

as the forum thread is opened for WPF. Could you, pelase, elaborate on this so that we're on the same page. If it is not WPF that you're looking for, then is it WinForms perhaps?

Regards,
Nikolay
Telerik
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Nada
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Jul 2013, 06:43 AM
Hello,
Many thanks for your reply,
My application is going to be a winform in addition to a webService in  website,
So, i will be using both c# winForm controls for my WinForm application in addition to an ASP.NET WebApplication,
that means i will be building both WindowsFormsApplication and WebApplication, 
So, i need telerik controls for both of those apps,
And i don't want to build any WPF application, 
i am sorry for posting on the wrong forum, and i wish to have an answer from you regarding my question.
please, excuse my bad english.

Best Regards, 
Nada.
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 05 Jul 2013, 06:18 AM
Hi Nada,

You can find sample application demonstrating this approach for both WinForms and ASP.NET : 

1.For WinForms, please download and install Telerik.RadControls_For_WinForms from your account or alternatively use this web install launcher - you can then find the Live Data example in the ChartView section with its code.

2. For ASP.NET you can find an example here

Regards,
Nikolay
Telerik
Tags
ChartView
Asked by
Nada
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nikolay
Telerik team
Nada
Top achievements
Rank 1