list item field not saving

6 posts, 0 answers
  1. Nate
    Nate avatar
    28 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2007

    Posted 10 Mar 2009 Link to this post

    I believe I am using version 5.10 (06/25/2008)
    It seems that the web part editor is working but for some reason the one that is used to edit list items will not save data to the list.
    If I disable it and the OOTB editor shows up in the list I can edit the field and save no problem.
    If I re-activate the RadEditor MOSS list editor, the editor will display the changed text but will not save any changes again using the Rad version.
    From the logs, these may have to do with it:
    Got List Item Version, but item was null. 
    03/10/2009 09:42:30.74  w3wp.exe (0x0B30)                        0x1358 CMS                            Publishing                     7fz4 High     WARNING: Cannot change FormContext.FormMode to [Invalid] because it is already set to [Edit] 
    03/10/2009 09:42:30.74  w3wp.exe (0x0B30)                        0x1358 CMS                            Publishing                     7fz4 High     WARNING: Cannot change FormContext.FormMode to [Invalid] because it is already set to [Edit] 
    03/10/2009 09:42:31.04  w3wp.exe (0x0B30)                        0x1358 CMS                            Publishing                     8ztg Medium   Got List Item Version, but item was null.
  2. Stanimir
    Admin
    Stanimir avatar
    1653 posts

    Posted 12 Mar 2009 Link to this post

    Hi Nate,

    I apologize for the inconvenince, but I was not able to reproduce the problem.
    Could you please send us the content of the RadEditor that you are trying to save. This will be of help in order to reproduce the problem on our side. In addition please send us the respective ConfigFile.xml, ListConfigFile.xml, ToolsFile.xml, ListToolsFile.xml files located in the Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\wpresources\RadEditorSharePoint\5.1.0.0__1f131a624888eeed\Resources folder (5.1.0.0__1f131a624888eeed depends on the version of the control).

    Thank you.


    Kind regards,
    Stanimir
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.

  3. Nate
    Nate avatar
    28 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2007

    Posted 12 Mar 2009 Link to this post

    I entered "test" as the text in the editor.

    The file structure exists as you say and is the 5.1.0.0__1f131a624888eeed  version.

    I have not made any changes to files in this directory. I simply ran the wsp so I see no reason to send those files yet.

    Is there some other way I can help you troubleshoot?
  4. Nate
    Nate avatar
    28 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2007

    Posted 12 Mar 2009 Link to this post

    I just tested it and it works in a vanilla install of the publishing site -- did not add the script manager block in the master page.
    Only added the stuff for the web.config--same content as the web.config used in the site that the rad editor for lists is not working.
  5. Nate
    Nate avatar
    28 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2007

    Posted 12 Mar 2009 Link to this post

    BTW I am using a customized minimal publishing site definition. Is there something specific that needs to exist that I may be missing? I removed scriptmanager from the master page and still no dice--same issue exists.
  6. Nate
    Nate avatar
    28 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2007

    Posted 12 Mar 2009 Link to this post

    switching the site to use the global default.master page allowed the radeditor for lists to work.
    ah..
    needed one of these in the master page.

     

    <SharePoint:ScriptLink ID="ScriptLink1" language="javascript" name="core.js" Defer="true" runat="server" /> 
    <SharePoint:CustomJSUrl ID="CustomJSUrl1" runat="server" /> 
    <SharePoint:SoapDiscoveryLink ID="SoapDiscoveryLink1" runat="server" /> 
    <asp:ContentPlaceHolder id="PlaceHolderAdditionalPageHead" runat="server"/>  
    <SharePoint:DelegateControl ID="DelegateControl1" runat="server" ControlId="AdditionalPageHead" AllowMultipleControls="true"/> 

     

     

     


    Sorry for my retardation.
    Thanks.  I'm sure somebody else would like to know more specifically which need to be there and why though.

     

     

     

     

     

Back to Top