It is obvious that your IDE still references the trial versions of the controls' assemblies. Since you have purchased the controls, you don't have to worry about any license keys anymore. You simply have to download the developer versions of the controls.
The licenses come with special builds which work without keys
and allow you to safely access web-applications that use telerik products without fearing that you will have licensing problems.
To make use of your Developer License of r.a.d.controls
please follow the instructions below:
- Log into your Client.net account.
- Go to section My licenses --> My Purchases.
- Locate the control that you need to upgrade, i.e. r.a.d.controls suite.
- Click on the "Downloads" link next to the respective version and download the ZIP file (see the attached screenshot for details).
- Once the download completes, unzip the files at a convenient location.
- If the upgrade is major (i.e. from v2.x to v3.x), please check the HELP manual of the new version for backward compatibilities as some new versions are not backwards compatible with the older ones.
- Backup your application.
- From the newly downloaded ZIP files, copy the new DLL (located in the bin folder) to your web-application's bin folder. Replace the old dll.
- Copy the RadControls (along with its subfolders) folder to the root of your web-application. Replace all files and folders when asked.
- If using VS.NET, update the control's reference in your project to point to the new DLL and recompile.
- If you have added the control in GAC, remove it by running a gacUtil to remove the old copy and then add the new one.
- Run the project.
- If you still get the older version then do the following (not related to telerik controls):
- Sometimes the .NET Framework wrongly caches the r.a.d.controls' DLLs and therefore the update may seem to have failed. Try the following to ensure that this has been the exact problem and eliminate it:
- Terminate the aspnet_wp.exe process (from the Windows Task Manager)
- Open a Windows Explorer and navigate to
C:\Windows(WINNT)\Microsoft.NET\Framework\vYOUR_VERSION\Temporary ASP.NET Files
- Delete all the folders with names, corresponding to your telerik projects, containing RadEditor, RadTreeView, etc.
- Delete your Visual Studio web project caches as well - they should be located at C:\Documents and Settings\<YOUR USER>\VSWebCache.
- Delete your browser cache: Tools -> Internet Options -> Delete Files....
the Telerik team