Last Binaries Causes errors in Blend 3

7 posts, 0 answers
  1. Ludovic Gerbault
    Ludovic Gerbault avatar
    226 posts
    Member since:
    Apr 2009

    Posted 24 Mar 2010 Link to this post

    Hello

    Today, I've been experiencing a lot of troubles using Blend 3 to try to style certain components.

    I'm using 2010.1.319 built, and the following components are causing xaml exception making it impossible to edit their templates :

    RadTileView
    RadFluidContentControl
    RadScheduler

    These are the three components that have been causing me problems.

    EG : Code that causes a AG_BAD_PROPERTY_VALUE in Blend 3 :

    <UserControl  
        xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"  
        xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"  
        xmlns:telerikScheduler="clr-namespace:Telerik.Windows.Controls;assembly=Telerik.Windows.Controls.Scheduler"  
        x:Class="SilverlightApplication10.MainPage"  
        Width="640" Height="480">  
        <Grid x:Name="LayoutRoot" Background="White">  
            <telerikScheduler:RadScheduler/>  
        </Grid>  
    </UserControl>  

  2. Pana
    Admin
    Pana avatar
    748 posts

    Posted 30 Mar 2010 Link to this post

    Hello Subileau Pascal,

    Scheduler has indeed some troubles with blend. We are working on improving the blend support but it may take some time. Can you send us a screenshot and we will try to do the changes for you. If you need to do some intense modification at least I will try to provide blend friendly version with explanations what may cause problems.

    Thank you for your interest in our controls.

    Sincerely yours,
    Panayot
    the Telerik team

    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
  3. DevCraft banner
  4. Ludovic Gerbault
    Ludovic Gerbault avatar
    226 posts
    Member since:
    Apr 2009

    Posted 30 Mar 2010 Link to this post

    Actually, one of the telerik admin already sent my the Generic.xaml file, I was able to do what I needed with it.

    But the thing is, this problems seems to concern most of the telerik controls (I had similar issue with RadGridView, RadButtons, RadMenu, RadDocking...)

    Yesterday, I tried to update to the 2010.1.326, and seems to work much better then. But when I tried to launch the application, I display a raddocking containing several RadControls (RadGridView, RadChart, RadButtons, RadScheduler...), most of them using custom templates and resources, and an exception was launched (ControlTemplateSelector is not a valid property for ContentControl, or something like that).

    So I had to go back to the 2010.1.319.
  5. Ludovic Gerbault
    Ludovic Gerbault avatar
    226 posts
    Member since:
    Apr 2009

    Posted 30 Mar 2010 Link to this post

    Here's a screenshot from a blank Blend project when adding a RadButton to it (see attached file)
  6. Ivan
    Admin
    Ivan avatar
    519 posts

    Posted 02 Apr 2010 Link to this post

    Hello Subileau Pascal,

    Thank you for details.

    Indeed there is a small problem with the 326 release - it relates to the ControlTemplateSelector. Today we will release a new internal build and we highly suggest that you should migrate to it.

    About the 319 release - as there should not be e problem with it we will highly appreciate if you send us the project that reproduce the issue as all the information about your development environment.

    Looking forward for your reply.


    Greetings,
    Ivan
    the Telerik team

    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
  7. Ludovic Gerbault
    Ludovic Gerbault avatar
    226 posts
    Member since:
    Apr 2009

    Posted 02 Apr 2010 Link to this post

    Sure, I'm sending a support ticket right away with a sample project and all the details.
  8. Ludovic Gerbault
    Ludovic Gerbault avatar
    226 posts
    Member since:
    Apr 2009

    Posted 02 Apr 2010 Link to this post

    Well, It seems that this whole thing was my mistake, I was just compiling a new Sample project in Blend, and everything worked fine.

    So I checked the old projects, and there was an old reference dating back to the 2009.Q3 that was causing mismatch problem.

    Sorry to have bothered you, I should have checked that first.

    I'm still looking forward to your next build though :)
Back to Top
DevCraft banner