This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

LabelCssClass is inconsitend on 2012Q1 (was fine on 2011Q2)

1 Answer 50 Views
Input
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Yuval
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yuval asked on 06 Mar 2012, 05:12 PM
Hi,

I've recently upgraded to 2012q1 and noticed that there my labels width start to act freaky. I've a class in my main css that defines the width off all of my labels and suddenly the inputs started not to fill the whole  width set in the RadTextBox. Switching back to the old DLLs works fine.
Here is simple way to reproduce the issue:
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
    <style type="text/css">
        .labelClass
        {
            display: inline-block !important;
            width: 50px !important;
        }
    </style>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server">
    </telerik:RadScriptManager>
    <div style="width: 600px">
        <telerik:RadTextBox runat="server" ID="r1" Label="TEXT1" Width="49%" LabelCssClass="labelClass" />
        <telerik:RadTextBox LabelCssClass="labelClass" runat="server"  Width="49%"  ID="RadTextBox1" Label="TEXT2"
            /><br />

</div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

in the attached file it is possiable to see the difference between the outputs.

I played with it and found that
the generated HTML is
<span id="r1_wrapper" class="riSingle RadInput RadInput_Office2010Silver" style="width: 49%;">
<label id="r1_Label" class="riLabel labelClass" style="width:40%;" for="r1">TEXT1</label>
<span class="riContentWrapper" style="width:60%;">
<input id="r1_ClientState" type="hidden" name="r1_ClientState" autocomplete="off">
</span>

so it looks like the custom width set via the CSS is ignored.

I've noticed that there is new property LabelCssWidth but it will take days to find and change all the label and I don't want to hardcode their width.

Will this be fixed in 2012Q2  or I should stay with the 2011Q2 ?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Vasil
Telerik team
answered on 09 Mar 2012, 02:21 PM
Hello Yuval,

As you may know the RadInput has a new rendering from Q1 2012, that does not contain table anymore.
In your case the input gets its width automatically because it is rendered in table. However with the new rendering this is not possible without custom JavaScript calculations. We are currently researching for any alternatives that we could use in the input, however we are having some difficulties with the styling in IE7.

Regards,
Vasil
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Input
Asked by
Yuval
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vasil
Telerik team
Share this question
or