Known critical issues in JustTrace Q1 2013 SP2
Thread is closed for posting
Posted 10 Apr 2013
Link to this post
JustTrace Q1 2013 SP3 is planned for the upcoming week.
- JustTrace installation error: "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected..."
- JustTrace installer may lead to such error on certain environments. We have changed the way our extension is deployed in the upcoming JustTrace Q1 2013 SP3. We believe the new approach is much more stable and such issue should not occur.
Until then, you can use the following workaround to install JustTrace:
- Start JustTrace_2013.1.328_XXX.msi manually;
- Deselect both Visual Studio options from the "Customize" button on "Ready to install" page. Continue with the installation.
- When it finishes, go to JustTrace installation folder (by default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\JustTrace\Libraries) and start the Telerik.JustTrace.VS.vsix file. This file will install the Visual Studio extension.
Note: You will have to manually uninstall it from Visual Studio Tools / Extensions and Updates menu before installing our next public build!
- Unresponsive Visual Studio after JustTrace installation: "After installing JustTrace, Visual Studio 2012 doesn't load anymore. It freezes with a window saying: "Opening File"."
- JustTrace "Start Page" may trigger other extensions/add-ins execution. This could lead to unresponsive Visual Studio for quite a long time. This has been fixed for the next official release.
This should happen only the first time you star Visual Studio, after JustTrace is installed. Visual Studio should become responsive once again, but it may take more than 20 minutes in some cases.
- JustTrace causing loading issues in Visual Studio: "Visual Studio is unstable: it may hang or freeze while compiling or debugging."
- JustTrace may interact inappropriate with other 3rd party extensions during debugging session. We are currently investigating further the issue. Please, report such strange behavior on our forums or by opening a support ticket.