This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Kendo Window doesn't close when click outside of the kendo combobx.

1 Answer 589 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
karthikeyan
Top achievements
Rank 1
karthikeyan asked on 10 Jan 2017, 10:18 AM

Hi
   I am using helptext by using kendo window, I kendo combobox am using the helptext to show the message. When I click the helptext in the combobox the kendo window was shown correctly.

The actual issue was When I click outside of the combobox the combobox will close and it's working correct, but in combobox dropdown When I click helptext the kendo window was shown correctly meanwhile if I click outside of the combobx both the helptext(kendo window) and the dropdown have to close.

The issue is only the combobx dropdown only closing the kendow window was still remains as open. I tried in the combobox close function "$('#window').data("kendoWindow");" it shown as undefined.

Help me in that how to close the kendow window. here I attacthed the code screenshot for your reference and I used bothe the combobx and the helptext as separate files.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ianko
Telerik team
answered on 12 Jan 2017, 06:59 AM

Hello karthikeyan,

As I can see from the code in the snapshot the Window widget is initialized over a div element with no ID. 

But, later, in order to get the widget reference the #window id is used, but such an element does not exists in the DOM. This is why undefined is returned—there is no DOM element with id window in the first place.

This article here might help you understand the relation between the widget reference and the DOM element:  http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/intro/widget-basics/events-and-methods#getting-widget-references

If you have any further difficulties on the case here, please try to isolate them in a dojo (http://dojo.telerik.com/) so that I can properly examine the code and debug it properly. Snapshots of code and results are difficult to be used for debugging and examination.

Regards,
Ianko
Telerik by Progress
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Tags
Window
Asked by
karthikeyan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ianko
Telerik team
Share this question
or