The new JustTrace is the best one ever but as with any complex software it has rough edges. Please check the known issues bellow:
- When JustTrace and JustMock are installed, whichever Visual Studio addin loads first disables the other. To work-around, manually enable JustTrace from Telerik -> JustTrace -> Enable JustTrace menu
- For now, Memory profiler requires a lot of virtual address space (or simply memory) to create snapshots for large applications. Visual Studio is a 32-bit process and is limited to just 2 GB of virtual address space. If you have to profile large applications, consider using the stand-alone version of JustTrace under 64-bit Windows.
- In Memory profiler, some CLR assemblies may be marked as user code. Simply uncheck them to work around this issue.
- When attaching with the Memory profiler, Assembly list may show empty rows. These are dynamic assemblies. We are working on improving their representation in the UI.
- Taking snapshots with attached memory profiler takes time. For large applications, taking a snapshot may require minutes to complete.
- JustTrace is not supported on Windows 8. It should work but we have not tested it extensively. Your feedback is welcome.
- [Visual Studio 2012 limitation] Visual Studio 2012 has changed the way it loads the Add-ins. Now it loads them per user. Due to this change, the JustTrace installation will automatically integrate the product add-in only for the user who started it. If the machine is used by many users, every other account must manually install the Add-in. To do this, go to Visual Studio 2012\ Tools\ Options\ Add-in Security and add the Libraries folder of the respective product. Usually it is C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\JustTrace\Libraries. After that, restart Visual Studio for the changes to take effect. Or, alternatively, go to Tools\ Add-in manager ... and check the box of JustTrace.
- [.Net 4 issue] RTM version of .Net 4.0 has issues which may crash Visual Studio add-in. To resolve the issue, install all applicable updates from Windows Update.