This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

JustCode menu not visible on VS2008

3 Answers 133 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Jim
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jim asked on 15 Dec 2009, 05:15 PM
Hi Guy's

After installing the latest build via the update dialog on JustCode, I noticed a bug which would not disappear even after refreshing Code-Analysis the "C# Unknown Entity" bug. I have found threads on this bug.

I decided to uninistall this build and go back one, but having reinstalled it without any errors the JustCode menu does not now appear on the VS2008 menu next to the Telerik one.

I have checked that the add-in is being loaded on startup, everthing has been ticked. The one thing I have noticed is that the JustCode log contains nothing as if nothing is being started when VS2008 is started.

Has anyone came across this?

Thanks

Jim

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Jordan
Telerik team
answered on 16 Dec 2009, 03:40 PM
Hello Jim,

We apologize for the inconvenience with disappearing menu when reinstall JustCode. We have only one similar case to yours but unfortunately we couldn't reproduce it in our test environment. The problem disappears after some JustCode reinstalls. 

We need your further assistance in order to pin down the issue you report.

1. Is the problem reproducible? What do you install first JustCode or some other Telerik product? I want to know which was the first menu added to Visual Studio, Telerik or JustCode.
  2. Do you have another 3rd party menu in the Visual Studio?
  3. Can you try to load the solution and check if JustCode status bar or context menu are there?

Thanks for your cooperation!

All the best,
Jordan
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Jim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Dec 2009, 10:19 AM
Hi Jordan,

Thanks for the reply. I had a think on what you said and found out that it was my XP profile that was the issue, our systems here are modified installations of XP even though I could reinstall the ASP.NET AJAX controls.

Thanks again for your help much appreciated.

Regards

Jim
Crisgarro
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Aug 2011, 07:21 PM
Hi Guys

I was running the same issue
This is the behavior that I have at the moment of the issue.

I have Visual Studio 2008 SP1 in a Windows 7 x64 and I don't have any other component or adding installed
Normally I work with huge solutions so sometimes I disabled the Add-in for a faster loading of the solution (I prefer to use it just when I'm doing some serious codding)
Today I try to use the Add-in and everything looks good until I see the Menu to do the Analysis, Code, Refactor, Navigate and Test is disabled and all the other menus enabled ???.
So I try repair and reinstall the Add-in thinking that maybe I modify something, I close the VS and Repair/Reinstall the tool and nothing happens.
So I open my current solution and the I reset all my current settings from the VS Tools Menu.
When I did this the menu was missing completely and the reset show me this error: "Some command bar settings were not exported correctly due to an internal error."

So I disable the Add-in and enable again and everything is working fine.

BTW: Only the menu was disabled, because I was able to use the functionality from Shortcuts

Regards
Christopher G.
Software Engineer.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Jim
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Jordan
Telerik team