This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

JavaScript intellisense & Visual Studio 2015, not working

2 Answers 116 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Developer
Top achievements
Rank 1
Developer asked on 28 Jun 2017, 03:03 PM

Hi,
I am using Visual Studio 2015 along with version 2016.1.225.35 of Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX

I am trying to get JavaScript intellisense to work, to try and resolve this I am following the instructions on here:

http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/aspnet-ajax/general-information/integration-with-visual-studio/how-to-use-javascript-intellisense-for-the-telerik-controls

I have created a single webform page and have added the suggested code from the help page, and when I type

oWnd.

I do get some intellisense buts its not what I would expected.  I’ve attached a picture so that you can see what I mean.

This is driving me mad, please highlight what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

Andy.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jul 2017, 03:11 PM
Hi Andy,

Can you replace the RadScriptManager declaration with the following one:

<asp:ScriptManager runat="server" ID="ScriptManager1">
    <Scripts>
        <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.Core.js" />
    </Scripts>
</asp:ScriptManager>

and test again.

Here is what the intellisense shows on my end: https://www.screencast.com/t/cyoxBwGcJ.

Best regards,
Rumen
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Developer
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Jul 2017, 07:36 AM

Hi Rumen,

Thanks for the reply.  I finally figured out what the problem was.  Within my Visual Studio installation I have the Resharper program.

This was overwriting the default Visual Studio Intellisense.  A few tweaks and all is well.

Regards,

Andy.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Developer
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rumen
Telerik team
Developer