This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Issues running Test Studio tests from VS2012 Test Explorer

1 Answer 28 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Shashi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Shashi asked on 06 Feb 2014, 10:44 PM
Hello,

I was wondering if someone can help me with a couple of issues we are having with VS2012's Test Explorer while working with Test Studio tests.

a) Is there a way to open and view the full log file after I run a test from Test Explorer?  I am only seeing the first several lines of the log which usually is nowhere near enough to troubleshoot failures.  Tests written for other automation packages (for example, Specflow) give me a link in the Test Explorer window which, when clicked, opens up the full log.  I don't see that link in case of Test Studio.
NOTE:  Running in QuickExecute mode is NOT an acceptable workaround for us - I am aware that I can get a log that way.  However, we want to also be able to run tests from Test Explorer (since it is closer to running on a server with Test Manager) and troubleshoot issues in that mode.

b) All my tests are named with a mixture of lower and upper case characters - for example:  LoginAsAdminAndDoSomething.  However, when I view the tests in Test Explorer, all the upper case characters have been converted to lower case (loginasadminanddosomething in the above example).  Is there something I can do to get Test Explorer to honor the case in the test names?

Your help would be much appreciated,

Thanks,
Shashi
Test Studio 2012.2.1420.0 - VS addin (due to schedule issues, we can't upgrade for a while).

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Velin Koychev
Telerik team
answered on 12 Feb 2014, 10:48 AM
Hi Shashi,

Is there a way to open and view the full log file after I run a test from Test Explorer? 

You can try to right click in Test Explorer and use the option Copy All. After that you can paste the log in Notepad. I've recorded a short video for demonstration. 

Is there something I can do to get Test Explorer to honor the case in the test names?

Unfortunately this is outside of our control. You can contact Microsoft Support regarding this issue.

Please let me know whether you have any additional questions.

Regards,
Velin Koychev
Telerik
Quickly become an expert in Test Studio, check out our new training sessions!
Test Studio Trainings
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Shashi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Velin Koychev
Telerik team
Share this question
or