This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Issues of Office2013 theme

2 Answers 35 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Vladimir
Top achievements
Rank 1
Vladimir asked on 15 Apr 2014, 10:58 AM
Hello,

recently I have started working with your "professional-looking" Office 2013 theme. However I am afraid I have to say that the theme is a huge disappointment. 

I use the theme with RadRibbonWindow and I have some major objections (you can also refer to the attached image):

1) Window icons (minimize, maximize, close) are absolutelly ugly and definitely not Office2013-like.
2) Corners and egdes of window are rounded. That is again not Office2013-like where edges and corners are sharp.
3) Application title font color is black although it is displayed in a blue header....

...and I could go on with some minor issues. I would like to ask whether you are aware of these issues and whether you are planning to update the theme? So far, the theme is (in my opinion) practically unusable in any comercial app without theme modifications... 

Regards,
Vladimir

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Kiril Vandov
Telerik team
answered on 16 Apr 2014, 08:11 AM
Hello Vladimir,

We already fixed the problems you have listed and the fixes are included in our Q1 SP 2014. I would like to ask you if to download our latest official binaries if that is possible and let us know if you still find any problems. Also please note that if you cant upgrade we could provide you with a custom style for the RadRibbonWindow to match the look in MS Office.

Please excuse us for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
Kiril Vandov
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Vladimir
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Apr 2014, 05:45 AM
Thanks, Kiril. I was able to upgrade binaries in my project, thus the problem is fixed.

Best regards,
Vladimir
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Vladimir
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kiril Vandov
Telerik team
Vladimir