This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Issues after migrating to RadControls Q3 2011

4 Answers 119 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Yoga
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yoga asked on 06 Feb 2012, 11:02 AM
Hi,

I was migrating my radcontrols library from Q1 2011 to Q3 2011. There was no issue in upgrading in Visual Studio but many exceptions occured in Expression Blend during design time. I used component installer to upgrade my library, and overwrite the telerik assemblies in my solution folder and then update my solution's assembly reference manually.
Some controls can't be resolved in Blend's design time and caused my Expression Blend to crash. I tried to reproduce this issue in a new Blend project but the error's not occured. I'm using Expression Blend SP1.
Is there anything that I missed? Perhaps the enclosed files could give a better understanding of my case.

Cheers,

Y

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vanya Pavlova
Telerik team
answered on 06 Feb 2012, 01:06 PM
Hi Benedictus,

With our Q3 2011 we shipped installations for SL4 and separately SL5 binaries. Can you verify whether you are using SL4 or maybe SL5 binaries? For the time being I may suggest you to remove the reference paths from the Visual Studio project. Once you open it in Expression Blend just delete these and manually add the references you need. Will you please give it a try and let me know how it goes?  

Kind regards,
Vanya Pavlova
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Yoga
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Feb 2012, 07:41 AM
Thanks Vanya,

I am using SL4 binary for my project. After removing the references and adding them again in Blend, Blend has stop crashing. After I add the reference in Blend, the reference doesnt refer to my assembly asset folder in my solution instead it refers to telerik installation folder. It also fails to resolve some attrributes in xaml.
Accepted
Vanya Pavlova
Telerik team
answered on 07 Feb 2012, 09:13 AM
Hello Benedictus,

Thank you for getting back to us! 
Since you are manually adding the references they should point to the specified location on your local system. It seems a bit strange that after this operation you are getting errors related to attributes of elements. Can you verify that you did not mix the assembly versions?
Generally it is recommended to keep only a single version on a machine - in this way you will avoid similar errors.  

Regards,
Vanya Pavlova
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Yoga
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Feb 2012, 09:41 AM
I dont think I have mixed assembly version since there's only 1 version Q3-2011 though the assemblies can be found both in telerik installation folder and my solution assets folder. Perhaps this has caused ambiguity in Expression Blend.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Yoga
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vanya Pavlova
Telerik team
Yoga
Top achievements
Rank 1