This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Issues about Q1 2012 SP1

4 Answers 47 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Shyu
Top achievements
Rank 1
Shyu asked on 04 Oct 2013, 01:30 AM
Hello telerik.
I was  update my project from the Version RadControls for Silverlight Q2 2011 SP1  to RadControls for Silverlight Q1 2012 SP1 in recently.
There are some issues now i am facing.
1.We can change IME now,that's great. But when I try to input Japanese without the cell in EditMode. It works fine at the beginning. When I try few times, It becomes  can't input.
2.I have implement a readonly column that  can input number only. So i want to close IME in this column. Is there any to do with this?
3.We can resize row height  now. But we must set the RowIndicatorVisibility propery to "Visibility", is that right?  If that is right, i  want to display row no in RowIndicator. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nedyalko Nikolov
Telerik team
answered on 08 Oct 2013, 02:01 PM
Hello,

Q: We can change IME now,that's great. But when I try to input Japanese without the cell in EditMode. It works fine at the beginning. When I try few times, It becomes  can't input.
A: Generally RadGridView uses a standard TextBox for editing purposes, so I do not think that the problem is connected with RadGridView. Do you observe same behavior if you place a stand-alone TextBox?

Q: .I have implement a readonly column that  can input number only. So i want to close IME in this column. Is there any to do with this?
A: I'm a bit confused - the column is read-only, but the user can input only numbers. I does not understand the question but you have a full access to the TextBox, so you can change its IME settings according to your requirements.

Q: We can resize row height  now. But we must set the RowIndicatorVisibility propery to "Visibility", is that right?  If that is right, i  want to display row no in RowIndicator. Is there any way to do this?
A: You can take a look at this online demo.

Regards,
Nedyalko Nikolov
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for SILVERLIGHT.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Shyu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Oct 2013, 12:35 AM
Hello Nedyalko Nikolov.
Thank you for your replay.
Sorry, please forget the question 1 and 2.
In Version RadControls for Silverlight Q2 2011 SP1 , when we focus on the RadGridView, the IME has been disabled.But move the Version RadControls for Silverlight Q1 2012 SP1, the IME is available.
Generally, Silverlight disable IME when focus the control which  can't be inputed. I think GridView  can be seemed can't input  until the GridView begin edit. So I want to know the reason that why we  make IME available in the new version when we just focus on the RadGridView? And how we did it ?

About question 3, I know how create a row no column. The point is resize row height, i can't display RowIndicator and row no column at same time in my project. beause it seems not good. But I do need to resize row height and display row no. Did you have any good suggestion?

Regards.
Shyu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Oct 2013, 11:10 AM
Hi.
About IME, I think that is Microsoft's miss. In silverlight5, microsoft open IME for ItemsControl, But cann't set ItemsControl in source code.

Regards.
Dimitrina
Telerik team
answered on 11 Oct 2013, 01:13 PM
Hello,

You can check this forum thread where a similar issue has already been discussed. 

Regards,
Didie
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for SILVERLIGHT.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Shyu
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nedyalko Nikolov
Telerik team
Shyu
Top achievements
Rank 1