This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Issue after upgrading to Q3 2011

4 Answers 67 Views
Gauge
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ranjit
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ranjit asked on 13 Feb 2012, 05:01 PM
Hi,

I had a application in Q2 2010 which used Style="{StaticResource RadialScaleQuarterCircleNEStyle}" for telerik:RadialScale my client has accepted and approved this style

Now we would like to have Timebar in our project and thus we have upgraded to Q3 2011, but now Style="{StaticResource RadialScaleQuarterCircleNEStyle}" gives an error.

Can you help me to get the same look and feel in telerik:RadQuadrantNEGauge  
as you get for telerik:RadialScale using Style="{StaticResource RadialScaleQuarterCircleNEStyle}"

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Ranjit

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ranjit
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Feb 2012, 08:37 AM
figueiredorj
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Feb 2012, 01:59 PM
Hi.

I also have upgraded a solution with old dll's and come with a view with gauges all broken.

While doing compatibility trick it is still broken. Have to redo my view. But somehow demos for gauges seems broken
http://demos.telerik.com/silverlight/#Gauge/Gallery/LinearScale 

If documentation is also outdated how is suppose to upgrade?
Ranjit
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Feb 2012, 02:17 PM
Hi figueiredorj,

I did not uninstall the older version it is still there in my PC in fact our POC still points to the older version.

You can just install the new version and refer to the new dll. so i don;t think you are facing with any up gradation problem

Its just that in the newer version Telerik has introduced a new gauge control altogether, so if you want your application to work without much changes add these 
xmlns:gauge="clr-namespace:Telerik.Windows.Controls;assembly=Telerik.Windows.Controls.Gauge"
xmlns:gauges="clr-namespace:Telerik.Windows.Controls.Gauges;assembly=Telerik.Windows.Controls.Gauge"

I could solve all my gauge problems using these Detailed description is given in this link below 

http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/silverlight/gauge/radgauge-not-found---changed-namespace.aspx 

Hope this works for you.........
figueiredorj
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Feb 2012, 03:55 PM
Thanks for your answer.

I went to my view and redone all again.
I finally figured that there was a template for a needle compass that was still referencing old assembly.

Now I will wait for documentation to change my view to new gauges control (actually I have 3 on same view).

Thanks again.
Tags
Gauge
Asked by
Ranjit
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ranjit
Top achievements
Rank 1
figueiredorj