This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Is JustCode fully installed on VS2015 Pro

7 Answers 74 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Andy Green
Top achievements
Rank 2
Andy Green asked on 13 Nov 2015, 04:20 PM

Just moved up to VS 2015 Pro and installed Justcode.

First thing I noticed is the visual aid that links up the If - then and Try - catches are missing, and I don't get the little box on an error to open up the just code menu.

I have the Just code menu item but its not in the list of available external tools. Is this correct or has something gone wrong during install.

Andy

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Svetlozar
Telerik team
answered on 18 Nov 2015, 02:22 PM
Hi,

I am sorry that you have missed the news. Our version for Visual Studio 2015 is a little bit different. Since Roslyn is integrated into Visual Studio 2015 we decided to embrace it and base JustCode on top of Roslyn. It doesn't make much sense to duplicate what Roslyn already provides. We want to focus on bringing more value to our users and maybe even go to other editors as well. 

The architectural overhaul requires changes across the whole product and unfortunately we haven't ported all features yet. We try to compensate that with internal builds on every one or two weeks. Feel free to download our latest internal build and give it a try. Structural Highlighting is working for both C# and Visual Basic. 

Please, let us know what you are missing the most so we can plan accordingly.

Regards,
Svetlozar
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Andy Green
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 10 Dec 2015, 05:04 PM

Hi

I'm using JustCode_2016.1.1118.1 in VS2015 and still don't see the visual aid that joins up if / then etc. I can see them in my JS files also I don't seem to have the coloured letters (ie C,R,T etc)

Andy
Svetlozar
Telerik team
answered on 15 Dec 2015, 01:17 PM
Hi,

I am really sorry for the inconvenience!

If you are missing Structural Highlighting only in C# and VisualBasic files, that usually means that these files are not configured correctly in the JustCode engine. Could you please share with us what is your project (class library, web app, etc)? Can you reproduce that in a new console application?

Regards,
Svetlozar
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Andy Green
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 15 Dec 2015, 03:38 PM

Hi

It seems OK in a new console app, but in my project it only works for HTML & JS.

It worked OK in VS2013.

Andy

Svetlozar
Telerik team
answered on 18 Dec 2015, 02:49 PM
Hello,

Thank you for the follow-up!

Could you please share with us what kind is your project (that doesn't work)? Web site, Web Application, ASP.NET 5 app, etc?

Regards,
Svetlozar
Telerik
Andy Green
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 18 Dec 2015, 03:16 PM

Sorry Yes - its all .aspx.vb & ascx.vb files .cs seem OK

The class files in the same solution are showing OK, its those in the web that aren't.

Andy

Svetlozar
Telerik team
answered on 22 Dec 2015, 02:05 PM
Hi,

I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

So, you don't have the structural highlighting in C#/VisualBasic embedded code in aspx files? That is a known issue. We will address in the future. 

Regards,
Svetlozar
Telerik
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Andy Green
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Svetlozar
Telerik team
Andy Green
Top achievements
Rank 2