This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Is it possible...

5 Answers 55 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Terri-Lynn
Top achievements
Rank 1
Terri-Lynn asked on 04 Apr 2012, 05:15 PM
Is it possible to allow users to upload an entire folder using the built-in document manager?  I have a case where a user is responsible for uploading new video tutorials, and those tutorials have many "chapters", so each set of videos are approximately 15 files each per folder.  Ideally I'd love to allow the user to just dump the folder, and not each file by file.  Is this possible? 

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 05 Apr 2012, 12:24 PM
Hello,

The requested functionality to directly select and upload a folder is not supported by the Upload control used by the FileBrowser dialogs of RadEditor. What you can do is to enable multiple files upload. Here are the steps:
1) register the external dialogs of RadEditor.
2) enable the RadAsyncUpload control (MultipleFileSelection="Automatic") in the managers by setting EnableAsyncUpload="true" in the RadFileExplorer declaration in the \EditorDialogs\FileBrowser.ascx.

Kind regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Terri-Lynn
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Apr 2012, 05:28 PM
Hi Rumen:
Thanks for the quick reply.  I'm a little confused on how I'd actually do these things.  I'm using the RadEditor, and from what I've read it uses the RadUpload by default (which is the case). Will your suggestion replace the RadUpload inside the RadEditor, inside the Document Manager?  Or are you suggesting that I separate it out?

Thanks,
Terri-Lynn
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 06 Apr 2012, 12:13 PM
Hello,

RadFileExplorer used in RadEditor's FileBrowser dialogs (Image, Document, Media, etc) has a property named EnableAsyncUpload. When this property is set to true it enables RadAsyncUpload, which offers multiple file selection.

For your convenience I have prepared and attached a sample working project.

Greetings,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Accepted
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 06 Apr 2012, 12:14 PM
Hi,

Here is a link to a video which shows how to solution works: http://screencast.com/t/yF4E7IoiaX.

All the best,
Rumen
the Telerik team
Terri-Lynn
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Apr 2012, 03:27 PM
Perfect!!  Thanks a million for the video as well.  Works like charm!
Tags
Editor
Asked by
Terri-Lynn
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rumen
Telerik team
Terri-Lynn
Top achievements
Rank 1