This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

is it possible?

6 Answers 52 Views
RichTextBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jumer
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jumer asked on 27 Sep 2013, 04:22 PM
Is it possible add some function in MS-word like in the reference tab?
I want to add something that's why I just want to know if it is possible.

I'm hoping for your reply Sir
Thank you.

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Jumer
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Sep 2013, 03:38 PM
Hi Sir Petya

I just want to know if making the manage source in the reference tab looks like this (screenshot) adding some function like search and sort.

Thank you in advance sir.
Petya
Telerik team
answered on 02 Oct 2013, 08:33 AM
Hi Jumer,

The XAML of the predefined RadRichTextBoxRibbonUI should be included in your project, so you can easily modify it to fit your needs.

When it comes to customizing one of the dialogs, this can be achieved by creating a custom dialog. Please find attached a sample project where the default implementation of ManageBibliographicSourcesDialog is used as a custom dialog. 

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Petya
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for SILVERLIGHT.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Jumer
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Oct 2013, 11:32 AM
Hi sir Petya

I open the file that you send, I click the Manage source but I can't find this(1st screenshot)  and I only found this (2nd screenshot)
by the way sir I don't get what you mean by creating a custom dialog , did you mean by click the "ADD" button?(3rd ss).

Thank you in advance sir.
Petya
Telerik team
answered on 14 Oct 2013, 08:20 AM
Hi Jumer,

The ManageBibliographicSourcesDialog which you wish to modify is implemented as a separate window. For customization purposes we've exposed an extensibility point that allows you to change the dialog altogether. If you look at the attached demo you may notice that the MyManageBibliographicSourcesDialog in it is marked with the following attribute:
[CustomManageBibliographicSourcesDialog]
What this means is that every time the ShowManageBibliographicSourcesDialogCommand is invoked, which is what happens when the Manage Sources button on the ribbon is clicked (refer to attached image), the custom implementation will be invoked.

As for the particular demo, I did not actually modify the dialog. I merely used its default implementation to show how you can change the dialog with a custom one. If you want to modify it you should implement the relevant code in the MyManageBibliographicSourcesDialog. 

I hope this is helpful!

Regards,
Petya
Telerik
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Jumer
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Oct 2013, 01:47 PM
Hi Sir Petya,

Thank you sir, I'm sorry sir but to tell you honestly I read your reply for how many times but still I don't get it and I'm really sorry for that maybe the best thing for me to understand your point is to provide some step by step screenshot or even other forum that has a thread something like my problem that also provide maybe a video tutorial or pictures showing how to customize some functionality of this application.

Too bad sir I'm not a good programmer.

by the way sir thank you!

Regards,
Jumer
Petya
Telerik team
answered on 18 Oct 2013, 11:05 AM
Hello Jumer,

Unfortunately, we do not have a tutorial explaining how you can create a custom dialog or modify the ManageBibliographicSourcesDialog. The demo I attached to one of my previous answers approach should demonstrate how a custom dialog is plugged in the UI of RadRichTextBox. However, how to modify the dialog to achieve the desired result is a general programming task and is not directly related to the RadControls suite. You could try looking for help in general programming oriented forums, XAML tutorials and books.

Should you have other questions concerning RadRichTextBox, please get back to us.

Regards,
Petya
Telerik
Tags
RichTextBox
Asked by
Jumer
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Jumer
Top achievements
Rank 1
Petya
Telerik team