This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Is it just me...

5 Answers 93 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
Stuart Hemming asked on 15 Dec 2009, 09:11 AM
... or is the latest release of JC (2009.3.1211.11) really dodgy?

I got around half a dozen exceptions yesterday whilst editing projects I've been using JC in for months.

Now, I can't get navigate functions like "Find Symbol" or "Find Member" to do anything; the window just sits there with the "Searching..." message showing.

--
Stuart

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 15 Dec 2009, 09:35 AM
I should have said that after stopping and restarting VS everything is OK for a while.

--
Stuart
Tsviatko Yovtchev
Telerik team
answered on 15 Dec 2009, 10:25 AM
Hey Stuart,

Do you experience the same problems over and over again? So it works fine after restarting but just for a while? And then you get the same problems? Can you come up with a list of problems so that we can start tackling them one by one?

Tsviatko

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 15 Dec 2009, 11:08 AM
Tsviatko (how /do/ you pronounce that?),

I expect it's natural enough that the other problems start after JC has reported an exception.

I've forwarded the exceptions on to telerik towers as they've occurred, although I note that I've had some mailer-daemon delivery delay reports from your mail server, so you may not have got them yet.

The only thing I can say with certainty is that I did a lot of switching between solutions yesterday. Today, I've been working in the same solution all day and haven't had a single exception.

--
Stuart
Tsviatko Yovtchev
Telerik team
answered on 15 Dec 2009, 11:26 AM
Yeah, we had some e-mail trouble yesterday. If  you get delivery failures, though, please, resend the exception reports. It'd be nice if we could have a look at these.

Tsviatko (it's pronounced exactly as written which is gonna sound fairly weird to you unless you're doing Slavic languages in your spare time)

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 15 Dec 2009, 11:58 AM
> Yeah, we had some e-mail trouble yesterday.
Ah.

> If  you get delivery failures, though, please, resend the exception reports. It'd be nice
> if we could have a look at these.
Sadly, GMail's exception reports don't return the original message, nor is there a copy in my Sent Mail folder. :-(

> Tsviatko (it's pronounced exactly as written which is gonna sound fairly weird to you
> unless you're doing Slavic languages in your spare time)
:-) I'm going with s-vait-ko and hoping for the best.

--
Stuart
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2