This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

iPad Problem

3 Answers 89 Views
Menu
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Solutionwhere
Top achievements
Rank 1
Solutionwhere asked on 05 Dec 2014, 04:26 PM
I'm having a problem with the Menu on an iPad.  I'm using UI for ASP.NET AJAX, 2014.3 1024. The iPad os is V 8.1.  The menu works fine on an iPhone os V 7.1.1.

It's something to do with my application setup, although I haven't been able to determine what.  I set up a version of the demo app locally and then copied that to my application.  The major differences in the web.config are connection strings and such that my application uses.

I've attached the rendered HTML from my app and the Telerik demo.

Please let me know if you need anything else to help me troubleshoot this issue.

Thank you,
Tonya

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitar Terziev
Telerik team
answered on 08 Dec 2014, 07:46 AM
Hi Tonya,

Could you please specify what exactly is the problem that you are experiencing with the RadMenu on iPad? Since the forum posts allow only attachment of images, my suggestion is to open a support ticket so you could attach additional files.

Regards,
Dimitar Terziev
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Solutionwhere
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Dec 2014, 02:28 PM
The dropdown portion of the menu doesn't drop down.  I'll open a support ticket.
Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 09 Dec 2014, 08:12 AM
Hi Tonya,

I would like to inform you that there is a general ASP.NET AJAX Extensions issue, concerning the new iOS 8 and OS X Safari versions. It is affecting sites using ASP.NET 3.5. Basically, the new Safari version is not properly recognized by the AJAX framework as a browser that supports partial rendering, which breaks the AJAX technology.

In order to fix this issue, you need to edit your browser definition files so that the latest Safari is properly recognized. You can find more detailed information about the issue as well as a workaround for it in the following stackoverflow thread.

This tip would help you solve the issue faced.

Regards,
Dimitar
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
Menu
Asked by
Solutionwhere
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitar Terziev
Telerik team
Solutionwhere
Top achievements
Rank 1