This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Intellisense in Visual Studio 2015

3 Answers 349 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dirk
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dirk asked on 10 Dec 2015, 07:29 PM

I would like to have intellisense in JS files for Kendo UI but I can't get it to work in Visual Studio 2015. 

I've tried all the help files, I have BOTH kendo.web-vsdoc.js and kendo.web.min.intellisense.js in my project.  I have references in _references.js to kendo.web.min.js.  I even added references to the top of my JS file.  No intellisense.  Any ideas?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 12 Dec 2015, 11:32 AM
Hello,

I supposed you have followed the guidelines provided in this documentation article: http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/vs-intellisense which should work for VS 2015 as well. 

Normally the scripts are referenced in the Layout file, so intellisense should work there without the need to do anything special. However, you will need explicit references in view or in script files. For example:
<script>

/// <reference path="~/Scripts/kendo/2015.3.1111/jquery.min.js" />
    /// <reference path="~/Scripts/kendo/2015.3.1111/kendo.all.min.js" />

// ...... intellisense will work here

</script>

Try using this approach and let me know if you still encounter problems with the intellisense.

Regards,
Pavlina
Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

John
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 08 Jan 2016, 12:44 AM

That's not working for me. I don't even get intellisense for kendo in _layout.cshml

I do get it for jQuery.

Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 08 Jan 2016, 05:07 PM
Hello,

I am afraid that there is no intellisense for the html attributes related to Kendo UI Components. The current support for Visual Studio Intellisense is listed in the article I sent you in the previous post:
http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/vs-intellisense

Regards,
Pavlina
Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Dirk
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Pavlina
Telerik team
John
Top achievements
Rank 2