Intellisense in Visual Studio 2015

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Dirk
    Dirk avatar
    1 posts

Posted 10 Dec 2015 Link to this post

I would like to have intellisense in JS files for Kendo UI but I can't get it to work in Visual Studio 2015. 

I've tried all the help files, I have BOTH kendo.web-vsdoc.js and kendo.web.min.intellisense.js in my project.  I have references in _references.js to kendo.web.min.js.  I even added references to the top of my JS file.  No intellisense.  Any ideas?

2. Pavlina
    Admin
    Pavlina avatar
    6084 posts

Posted 12 Dec 2015 Link to this post

Hello,

I supposed you have followed the guidelines provided in this documentation article: http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/vs-intellisense which should work for VS 2015 as well. 

Normally the scripts are referenced in the Layout file, so intellisense should work there without the need to do anything special. However, you will need explicit references in view or in script files. For example:
    <script>

/// <reference path="~/Scripts/kendo/2015.3.1111/jquery.min.js" />
        /// <reference path="~/Scripts/kendo/2015.3.1111/kendo.all.min.js" />

// ...... intellisense will work here

</script>

Try using this approach and let me know if you still encounter problems with the intellisense.

Regards,
    Pavlina
    Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

3. Kendo UI is VS 2017 Ready
  4. John
    John avatar
    3 posts

Posted 07 Jan in reply to Pavlina Link to this post

That's not working for me. I don't even get intellisense for kendo in _layout.cshml

I do get it for jQuery.

5. Pavlina
    Admin
    Pavlina avatar
    6084 posts

Posted 08 Jan Link to this post

Hello,

I am afraid that there is no intellisense for the html attributes related to Kendo UI Components. The current support for Visual Studio Intellisense is listed in the article I sent you in the previous post:
    http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/vs-intellisense

Regards,
    Pavlina
    Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

Kendo UI is VS 2017 Ready