This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Integrated Help in 2011 Q1 Is Not Integrated

5 Answers 75 Views
Documentation
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Don
Top achievements
Rank 1
Don asked on 21 Mar 2011, 10:10 PM
The Help files for the Telerik WinForms Controls was supposed to become integrated into the Visual Studio help with the latest release. That does not seem to be the case for my coworkers and I in Visual Studio 2010 SP1. When trying to use the .chm file on its own I get both a .chm and a .chw on my desktop, neither of which is usable. Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated!

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 22 Mar 2011, 09:57 AM
Hi Don,

Indeed, we have plans to integrate RadControls for WinForms documentation in Visual Studio 2010, but currently we do not have a time frame specified for that. At this time, we are integrated with Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008 only.

As to the chm file, you are probably experiencing the security issue described in this Microsoft KB artcle. You can work around it simply by unchecking the "Always ask before opening this file" checkbox.

I would suggest that you directly follow our online documentation as it is updated on a weekly basis.

Kind regards,
Nikolay
the Telerik team
Don
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Mar 2011, 02:49 PM
It turned out to be a case of Windows 7 trying to protect me. I had to unblock the .chm to get it to work properly.

FYI, the online help does not seem to render properly in Firefox. The contents pane gets shortened up considerable and the contents pane cuts off in the D's. IE is fine, but who wants to use IE? ;-)
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 28 Mar 2011, 08:30 AM
Hi Don,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our online documentation. I will forward it to the team responsible for the application that presents the articles online and the tech guys will write back if they need additional details.

Regards,
Nikolay
the Telerik team
Don
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Apr 2011, 04:40 PM
Thank you for addressing the online documentation's rendering in Firefox 4.0. It now works as expected, freeing me from having to use IE! :-D
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 18 Apr 2011, 03:57 PM
Hello Don,

Thank you for your feedback. Should you have any other questions or suggestions, do not hesitate to open a new thread. 

Greetings,
Stefan
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Documentation
Asked by
Don
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nikolay
Telerik team
Don
Top achievements
Rank 1