This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Installing to VS 2013, what the x mean?

5 Answers 28 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Tyler
Top achievements
Rank 1
Tyler asked on 08 Aug 2014, 06:02 PM
I'm trying to install to VS 2013 but its not letting me. The setup wizard shows VS 2010 with an x, VS 2012 with a check and VS 2013 with an x (see attached) 
What does this mean?

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivan
Telerik team
answered on 11 Aug 2014, 12:49 PM
Hello,

The "x" symbol means JustCode cannot find the corresponding Visual Studio version. In this case - Visual Studio 2010 and Visual Studio 2013.
If you have any more questions or remarks, please feel free to contact us again!

Regards,
Ivan
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tyler
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Aug 2014, 06:56 PM
What can I do to help it find VS 2013? I've gone as far as uninstalling and reinstalling VS 2013 but the problem still exists. 
Ivan
Telerik team
answered on 12 Aug 2014, 11:32 AM
Hi,

I suggest continuing our discussion in the support ticket you have opened.

Regards,
Ivan
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tyler
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Aug 2014, 06:37 PM
I'll do one last post of the fix once its found.
Svetlozar
Telerik team
answered on 18 Aug 2014, 04:51 PM
Hello,

I'm following up on this case to summarize our findings. After discussing the case through the support ticketing system we believe that the cause for the issue lies in the Visual Studio version being used. Visual Studio Express versions do not support third party extensions such as JustCode and therefore when you run the msi installer of JustCode, the VS Express instance will be marked as not supported.

Regards,
Svetlozar
Telerik

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Tyler
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ivan
Telerik team
Tyler
Top achievements
Rank 1