This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Installation problems: Silverlight expired + SQLServer 2008 not supported

7 Answers 99 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Sebastian Talamoni
Top achievements
Rank 1
Sebastian Talamoni asked on 21 Apr 2010, 07:48 AM
Yesterday I did an evaluation of TeamPulse and IMHO these are the min requirements :

• Silverlight Expired (please launch a quick fix so i can really evaluate the product)
  • SQL Server 2008 should be supported (now you are forced to have an SQL express instance according to other posts i've read)
  • Installation failed in 4 out of 5 computers ( probably because of sql server, not sure..)

Note: The product looks GREAT but without the points above I could not really started with the evaluation process.

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Joe
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 21 Apr 2010, 03:43 PM
I posted a fix to the Silverlight issue already, look for the thread about it...

Thanks,
Joe
David Harris
Telerik team
answered on 21 Apr 2010, 06:38 PM
Hi Sebastian,

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced issues with evaluating the product. We are currently working on getting a build out that will run against the RTM version of Silverlight 4, and will be releasing it as soon as possible.

In regards to the SQL Server Express requirement, supporting existing SQL 2008 instances is definitely a feature we are looking to provide, as we understand many customers do not want to install Express instances, although I can not specify a timeline around when this will appear.

As for the installation errors, we would be happy to work through those issues with you on the machines in question. Based on your screenshot and your comments, I am guessing that a lack of SQL Express was indeed the issue on those machines. Do you know for sure if those machines had SQL 2008 Express installed on them? If not, does installing SQL 2008 Express allow TeamPulse to successfully install?

Regards,
David Harris
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Sebastian Talamoni
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Apr 2010, 02:05 PM

I am guessing that a lack of SQL Express was indeed the issue on those machines. Do you know for sure if those machines had SQL 2008 Express installed on them? If not, does installing SQL 2008 Express allow TeamPulse to successfully install?
---------------------------------------------

* After using Joe's trick for fixing Silverlight problem and 
* After installing SQL Server Express AND
* After struggling with IIS app pools and settings them manually .

I finally got it working!

David Harris
Telerik team
answered on 22 Apr 2010, 09:47 PM
Hi Sebastian,

I am glad to hear that you have the product working! We are sorry for the roadblocks you have encountered on the way, but take heart in knowing that all 3 issues are being looked at.

- The Silverlight version issue will of course be resolved with our next beta release which will target the SL4 RTM release (no date to provide you, but 'soon').
- We have also made some progress on some of the installer issues that leave IIS in an incomplete state and then require manual intervention.
- Finally,  full SQL Server 2008 support (rather than only Express) is in our backlog of items to address.

We look forward to hearing your feedback on the product itself, and hope that you enjoy your TeamPulse experience!

Regards,
David Harris
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Troy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Apr 2010, 02:53 AM
Is there an ETA on the release of TeamPrise that works with Silverlight 4 RTM as of yet?
David Harris
Telerik team
answered on 27 Apr 2010, 09:35 PM
Hello Troy,

While I do not have a specific time-frame for an RTM-compatible release for you, I can say that it is currently being tested internally and will be released as soon as possible.

All the best,
David Harris
the Telerik team

Troy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 May 2010, 06:21 PM
Ooops. Just found the answer. Thanks.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Sebastian Talamoni
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by