This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Installation problem on Windows 2008 R2

3 Answers 132 Views
Installer and VS Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Guohui
Top achievements
Rank 1
Guohui asked on 10 Dec 2013, 11:18 PM
I tried to install the trial version of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX on a Windows 2008 R2 server, but failed. The errors I came aross are attached.

Thanks.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Petar
Telerik team
answered on 11 Dec 2013, 11:27 AM
Hello Guohui,

Thank you for contacting us!

The reason for the failed installation is that it has failed to add some Telerik assemblies to the GAC of your machine. The installation package registers Telerik assemblies both in the .net 2.0 and .net 4.0 GAC. Can you make sure that your use has rights to add assemblies to the GAC?

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Petar
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Guohui
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Dec 2013, 03:47 PM
Hi Petar,

Thanks for your reply. It turns out there is a pending software installation system reboot. After I rebooted the system, the installation finished successfully.

Guohui
Petar
Telerik team
answered on 11 Dec 2013, 05:08 PM
Hi Guohui,

I am glad that you have resolved the issue on your side. Should you have any future inquires don't hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,
Petar
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Tags
Installer and VS Extensions
Asked by
Guohui
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Petar
Telerik team
Guohui
Top achievements
Rank 1