This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Installation Issues

8 Answers 88 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
Andrew asked on 01 Jun 2011, 11:08 AM
I have installed OpenAccess on two PCs both windows 7 both with Visual Studio 2010 same version.
However when having installed OpenAccess the installations is not the same.
On one machine i have the DataServices Wizard, but on the other one i do not see it. 
The one that is missing it i used to have the free versions installed. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling and the item is still missing.
How can i get it?

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Jordan
Telerik team
answered on 02 Jun 2011, 01:48 PM
Hello Andrew,

The requirement for installation of the DSW is that there is either VS2008 SP1 or VS2010 installed. But if you have VS2010 installed, this requirement is satisfied obviously.

The problem that you have could be an installer upgrade issue. It is possible that some components are not installed correctly when upgrading from an old version of OpenAccess without uninstalling it first.
On the machine where you do not see the DSW, after uninstalling OpenAccess, did you remove the product folder (probably C:\Program Files\Telerik\OpenAccess ORM). It is recommended that you do that in order to ensure that you do a clean install of OpenAccess.

If this does not help, we will need you to check the following:

1. In the Visual Studio Add-in Manager (Tools > Add-in Manager) do you see the "Telerik OpenAccess" and "Telerik OpenAccess DSW" add-ins installed and enabled?
2. while having a solution open with a project that contains an .rlinq file, do you see a "Data Services Wizard" menu item in the Telerik menu in Visual Studio and in the context menu that shows when you righ-click on an .rlinq file in the Solution explorer
3. in the product folder, is there a dsw\IDEIntegrations\Addins
(probably C:\Program Files\Telerik\OpenAccess ORM\dsw\IDEIntegrations\Addins) and are there .AddIn files in there?
4. in the registry is there a key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\AutomationOptions\LookInFolders" and does it have a value pointing to dsw Addins folder
(C:\Program Files\Telerik\OpenAccess ORM\dsw\IDEIntegrations\Addins)?

Greetings,
Jordan
the Telerik team
Q1’11 SP1 of Telerik OpenAccess is available for download; also available is the Q2'11 Roadmap for Telerik OpenAccess ORM.
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Jun 2011, 02:32 PM

I have again uninstalled and reinstalled.
I did not remove the folder as it was not present after uninstallation.

Answers to your questions:

1. Yes, installed and enabled.
2. No to both
3. Yes, two files
4. Yes, i have the registry entry.

Jordan
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jun 2011, 08:18 AM
Hello Andrew,

It seems that the DSW add-in is installed, but the menu items are not displayed.
This may be due to incompatibility with some version of  another Telerik product.
We have seen a similar issue on one occasion before.

In order to reproduce your case we will need to know the versions of all Telerik products that you have installed on both machines (the one where DSW is working correctly and the one where you see the issue).
We will also need to know the versions of the free Telerik products that you mention you had installed previously.

Greetings,
Jordan
the Telerik team
Q1’11 SP1 of Telerik OpenAccess is available for download; also available is the Q2'11 Roadmap for Telerik OpenAccess ORM.
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Jun 2011, 12:05 PM

The machine that i am having the problems with has the following:

Telerik Just Code Q2 20011 Internal Build
Telerik OpenAccess ORM Q1 2011
Telerik RadControls for Silverlight Q1 2011 SP1
Telerik RadFormDecorator Free for ASP.NET AJAX Q2 2010 SP1
It also used the have the Telerik ASP.NET controls, but i have uninstalled them.

Originally they were all 2010 versions, then i upgraded them, then i uninstalled them and reinstalled them to see if it would help.
The one i could not uninstall though was the RadFormDecorator, i get an error when trying to do so.
Perhaps this is what is clashing with my OpenAccess.

The computer that is working fine has the following:
Telerik Just Code Q2 20011 Internal Build
Telerik OpenAccess ORM Q1 2011
Telerik RadControls for Silverlight Q1 2011 SP1

All were installed recently so no upgrades.

A.Alexandrov
Telerik team
answered on 08 Jun 2011, 08:18 AM
Hi Andrew,

Thank you for reporting this. We investigated the cause of this behavior and we found the problem. It only occurs when Telerik RadFormDecorator Free for ASP.NET AJAX Q2 2010 SP1 is installed as first Telerik product, because it uses some old menu entries. The solution is to uninstall all Telerik products and install them again, but this time Telerik RadFormDecorator Free for ASP.NET AJAX Q2 2010 SP1 should be the last product installed. However the Data Services Wizard is fixed and the fix will be available in the next build of Telerik OpenAccess ORM.

We are really sorry for the inconvenience. If You have any other comments or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,
A.Alexandrov
the Telerik team
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Jun 2011, 01:24 PM
I have been trying to uninstall it but the uninstallation process fails.
I get the following error:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Telerik\RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q2 2010\ToolBoxInstaller_log.txt' is denied.

Accepted
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jun 2011, 01:59 PM
Hi Andrew,

I was able to reproduce the issue you are experiencing. It is related to a bug in the RadFormDecorator installer, manifesting when User Account Control is enabled. We will do our best to implement a fix in one of our next releases.

In the meantime, you could temporarily disable User Account Control on your system and perform an uninstall.

In order to avoid the issue, you could simply use the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX trial installer, as it does not contain the bug. It contains the RadFormDecorator free product as well as some additional demos and documentation.

Please, do not hesitate to contact us if you experience any further issues.

All the best,
Andrey
the Telerik team
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Jun 2011, 10:17 PM
That fixed it. Thanks for your help.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by