This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Installation

3 Answers 188 Views
Sharepoint Integration
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
thomas asked on 12 Apr 2011, 01:20 PM
Hi,

We are evaluating your controls for a SharePoint 2010 farm, but have following issues/questions:

If we install the Accelration Kit will the asp.net RadControls be available when developing web parts, creating master pages .. ?
I havent been able to find an installation guide, so I run the msi file on a application server but the installation frezzes like shown in the attached image.

Best R, thomas

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Petar
Telerik team
answered on 13 Apr 2011, 09:22 AM
Hi Thomas,

The Telerik Sharepoint Acceleration Kit consists of WebParts ready to be plugged in your SharePoint Server 2010. The acceleration kit isn't meant to help you to develop your own web parts.

In regards to the installation problem that you are experiencing I would ask you to open a support ticket and sent us installation log file. To generate such log file follow the steps:
  1. Open a Command Prompt;
  2. Navigate to the msi installation file;
  3. Run the command: msiexec /i [Telerik_Sharepoint_Acceleration_Kit_Installer].msi /limev TsakInstallation.log
  4. Proceed with the installation and when it hangs (wait for at least 4-5 minutes) quit the installation;

When the installation is over you can find the log file generated in the same location where the installation file is. Could you, please, send it to us so that we can identify the reason for the problem.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Greetings,
Petar
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Kristina
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Jul 2011, 09:33 PM
Hello,

Was this issue resolved?  I am trying to install a trial version on our dev server, and it is hanging at the same place.

Thanks,
Kristina
Petar
Telerik team
answered on 27 Jul 2011, 07:45 AM
Hello Kristina,

We haven't been able to reproduce the problem locally.

In order to diagnose the problem on your side we will need a log file. To get a log file you need the follow the steps described in the previous post:
  1. Open a Command Prompt;
  2. Navigate to the msi installation file;
  3. Run the command: msiexec /i [Telerik_Sharepoint_Acceleration_Kit_Installer].msi /limev TsakInstallation.log
  4. Proceed with the installation and when it hangs (wait for at least 4-5 minutes) quit the installation;
Once you have the log file you need to open a formal support ticket.

Regards,
Petar
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Tags
Sharepoint Integration
Asked by
thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Petar
Telerik team
Kristina
Top achievements
Rank 1