This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Install Problem

3 Answers 83 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mike asked on 20 Nov 2011, 12:30 PM
Hi
I tried today to install Just Code to continue my evaluation . I installed it as normal , when I started VS 2010 there was no menu item , it didn't appear in the VS About window, no sign  of it ...

In Control Panel> Add and remove programs its there but not in VS 2010

Any thoughts ?

My only 2 major changes I have made are to upgrade 2 other add ins ,
  • R# 6->  6.1 EAP and
  • Codesmith 6 Release Candidate.

I have had all 3 active in original versions previously with no obvious problems . I have disabled R# , rebooted and all soerts but the Just Code menu item simply isn't there

It almost as if it didn't register with VS 2010

This is the Q3 internal release build 11.3.1020.1 , released 3-4 weeks ago .

Cheers
Mike

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Nov 2011, 04:08 PM
tried again BUT No

found this in the log files

SILENT 2011-11-20 13:04:41.211 : Framework Version:4.0.30319.225
ERROR 2011-11-20 13:04:41.233 :  [HResult: 80070057]
System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at Telerik.JustCode.Common.AssemblyLocator.Init() in c:\B10\Manticore\Production2010_Release\Sources\Common\AssemblyLocator.cs:line 29
   at Telerik.JustCode.JustCode.Initialize() in c:\B10\Manticore\Production2010_Release\Sources\JustCode\JustCode.cs:line 84
Log Site Stacktrace:
   at Telerik.JustCode.Common.Logging.ExceptionInfo.GetExceptionString(Exception ex) in c:\B10\Manticore\Production2010_Release\Sources\Logging\ExceptionInfo.cs:line 91
   at Telerik.JustCode.Common.Logging.LogService.LogException(Exception ex, String message) in c:\B10\Manticore\Production2010_Release\Sources\Logging\LogService.cs:line 108
   at Telerik.JustCode.Common.Logging.LogService.LogException(Exception ex) in c:\B10\Manticore\Production2010_Release\Sources\Logging\LogService.cs:line 73
   at Telerik.JustCode.Common.Logger.LogException(Exception ex) in c:\B10\Manticore\Production2010_Release\Sources\Logging\Logger.cs:line 104
   at Telerik.JustCode.JustCode.Initialize() in c:\B10\Manticore\Production2010_Release\Sources\JustCode\JustCode.cs:line 16777215
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Package.Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Interop.IVsPackage.SetSite(IServiceProvider sp)
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Nov 2011, 03:00 PM
And the response was deafening .....

Mike
Ivo Bratoev
Telerik team
answered on 30 Nov 2011, 01:52 PM
Hello Mike,

I apologize for the late response.
I am sorry to hear about your issues with JustCode. There are several things you can try:
1. I suggest you get the latest official JustCode release (Q3 2011).
2. It might be caused by incompatibility with your other extensions. You can try to uninstall them because sometimes even if disabled they might interfere.
3. If the the above solutions doesn't work, please create a support ticket and send us your logs from "%localappdata%\JustCode\Logs".

Greetings,
Ivo Bratoev
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ivo Bratoev
Telerik team