This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

inline style "width:100%" missing at header's rgMasterTable in IE

4 Answers 112 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
JP
Top achievements
Rank 1
JP asked on 21 Jan 2015, 01:54 PM
Hi,

I have a somewhat strange bug where some inline-css seems to be missing. This occurs in IE10 and IE11 and only when the site is hosted in IIS (IIS Express 8 works fine).

This is the generated html from IE11, site hosted in IIS:
<div class="rgHeaderWrapper">
   <div class="rgHeaderDiv" id="Control1_SP_Grid1_Grid1_Grid_GridHeader" style="overflow: hidden; margin-right: 17px;">
      <table class="rgMasterTable rgClipCells rgClipCells" id="Control1_SP_Grid1_Grid1_Grid_ctl00_Header" style="overflow: hidden; table-layout: fixed; -ms-text-overflow: ellipsis; empty-cells: show;" cellspacing="0">

And this is the generated html from IE1,1 site hosted in IIS Express:
<div class="rgHeaderWrapper">
   <div class="rgHeaderDiv" id="Control1_SP_Grid1_Grid1_Grid_GridHeader" style="overflow: hidden; margin-right: 17px;">
      <table class="rgMasterTable rgClipCells rgClipCells" id="Control1_SP_Grid1_Grid1_Grid_ctl00_Header" style="width: 100%; overflow: hidden; table-layout: fixed; empty-cells: show;">

As you can see, in the first case the width: 100% attribute is missing, but therefore there is an attribute "-ms-text-overflow". Because the width attribute is missing, the layout i screwed up. The software is absolute identical, the Telerik Version is Q3 2014. In both cases IE runs in edge mode.
If I try the same with Chrome, in both cases the width attribute is set correctly.

Could you tell me which logic in the RadGrid determines which attributes must be set?

Thanks!

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Angel Petrov
Telerik team
answered on 26 Jan 2015, 09:06 AM
Hi,

Generally you should not experience different behavior when hosting the application on another machine. Could you please share with us the entire page contents alongside with the web.config file so we could examine the the configuration?

The mentioned styles get applied when scrolling and static headers are enabled and the application is run in IE. In your case it seems that a different different document mode is forced. Could you please ensure that this is not the case?

Regards,
Angel Petrov
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

JP
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Feb 2015, 07:22 AM
Thanks for your response. IE is definitively running in edge mode, I just tried and chose IE10 manually and the same keeps happening.
Is there a way to post my web.config privately?
JP
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Feb 2015, 08:04 AM
It's not only the rgHeaderWrapper > rgHeaderDiv > rgMasterTable but rgDataDiv > rgMasterTable too.

This is my current fix for the problem:

._Telerik_IE9 .RadGrid > div.rgHeaderWrapper > div.rgHeaderDiv > table.rgMasterTable,
._Telerik_IE9 .RadGrid > div.rgDataDiv > table.rgMasterTable
{
  width: 100%;
}
Angel Petrov
Telerik team
answered on 11 Feb 2015, 07:04 AM
Hello,

I am glad that you were able to resolve the problem. If however you want us to research what was causing it in the first place please open a formal support ticket and attach the page contents and web.config file there. Once we have a better understanding of the implementation we will try to simulate the behavior on our end and find its root cause.

Regards,
Angel Petrov
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
Grid
Asked by
JP
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Angel Petrov
Telerik team
JP
Top achievements
Rank 1