I am using a heavily modified version of the datasource PHP file that is provided with the Kendo PHP wrappers. However, for simplicity's sake, I just tested it with the default datasource file, and I'm seeing the same results.
The table is a simple mysql table with, again for simplicity's sake, 2 fields:
The table currently contains approx. 100 records but will likely grow to a few thousand in the next few months.
Without filters, the kendo combobox simply requests 10 records from the server, sorted by description in descending order.
Now let's assume that the default value for the widget (set on page init) is:
But the datasource returns 10 different results (without event_id 99).
If I set the default value of the widget to 99 and set autoBind to true, I see 99 as the description/text value in the widget.
If I set autoBind to false and use the value and text properties to set the initial value/description, I see the correct text. BUT as soon as I click to open the widget, the data is bound automatically, but does not set a filter, so it receives the first 10 results only, which does not include event_id 99.
I believe this is a client side problem, not a serverside one, because when I set an initial value and then bind the data, the widget does not set a filter so the dataset returned does not contain the correct id/description pair.
Something else that I have tried is using a filter. When I set a filter manually like so:
The only result that shows up is the default event and then when I start typing to find a different event, the filter is not removed but instead a new one is added, which doesn't render the correct results.
Any suggestion is welcome!