This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Incorrect mouse text selection behavior when browser zoom <> 100%

3 Answers 48 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Wiktor
Top achievements
Rank 1
Wiktor asked on 06 Jan 2011, 12:09 AM
When a browser zoom is > 100%, text selection using a mouse in a TextBox in a RadWindow behaves abnormally. To reproduce the problem, click on a text in a TextBox and drag the mouse cursor to the left. The text is selected only when the mouse cursor moves some distance from the TextBox, possibly well beyond the RadWindow. The distance is greater when a zoom value is greater.

When a browser zoom is < 100%, text selection using a mouse is not working properly either. Clicking in a TextBox always puts a cursor at the beginning of the text regardless where the mouse click occurs.

I tested this behavior in Internet Explorer and in Firefox.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Boyan
Telerik team
answered on 06 Jan 2011, 10:11 AM
Hi Wiktor,

I am not able to reproduce the issue. The application I was using was very simple - RadWindow and Textbox. I tried in both browsers you mentioned but with no success. Could you specify what version of our controls are you using?  I have attached a video what is the behavior at my side. Let me know if you are doing something else or there is something specific with your scenario. A code snippet or sample project could be of help.

Greetings,
Boyan
the Telerik team
Browse the videos here>> to help you get started with RadControls for Silverlight
Wiktor
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Jan 2011, 07:38 PM
It seems that this behavior happens when a root visual is ScrollViewer. (When I wrap the ScrollViewer with a Grid, it works fine)

private void Application_Startup(object sender, StartupEventArgs e)
{
    ScrollViewer scrollViewer = new ScrollViewer();
    scrollViewer.Content = new MainPage();
    this.RootVisual = scrollViewer;
}

I am unable to attach a zip file with a sample project to this post.
Boyan
Telerik team
answered on 12 Jan 2011, 10:33 AM
Hello Wiktor,

We reproduced the issue. Thank you for reporting this bug, it helps us in improving our products. I am glad to give you 1000 points for reporting this abnormal behavior of our RadWindow control. We will investigate the cause for this issue and we will fix it in one of our future releases. You can track this progress in our Public Issue Tracking System (PITS) with Issue ID = 4563.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any further information.

Regards,
Boyan
the Telerik team
Let us know about your Windows Phone 7 application built with RadControls and we will help you promote it. Learn more>>
Tags
Window
Asked by
Wiktor
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Boyan
Telerik team
Wiktor
Top achievements
Rank 1