Thank you for writing.
The easiest approach for setting fill and border colors is through using our styling mechanism. To achieve the desired result please consider the following list of steps:
1. Open the Visual Style Builder tool (VSB) and following the steps in this article
, load the theme you would like to use in your application. In case you have not applied a specific theme to your RadPageView, please load the ControlDefault.tssp file.
2. Once you have the theme loaded in VSB, you are ready to customize it. In the Controls Structure panel navigate to RadPageView > RadPageViewStripElement > StripViewItemContainer > StripViewItemLayout > RadPageViewStripItem and make sure the RadPageViewStripItem is selected. Also, select the RadPageViewStripItem in the Element States panel.
2. 1. Then, expand the RadPageViewStripItem item in the Elements panel and select any of the items appearing in the property grid. Right-click the selected item and chose the No Filter
option. Find the UseDefaultDisabledPaint
property and set it to false
2. 2. You will need to explicitly set the UseDefaultDisabledPaint
property also for the Disabled state of the item. To do so, select the RadPageViewStripItem.Disabled item in the Element States and follow the same procedure: expand the item in the Elements panel, select and right-click any of the rows, choose the No Filter option, set the UseDefaultDisabledPaint
. Please note that depending on your scenario you might need to set the UseDefaultDisabledPaint property to the other states of the element.
3. To apply specific colors to the fill and borders of the tab, you have to create repository items and apply them to the RadPageViewStripItem.Disabled state (Element States panel). This article
demonstrates how to work with repository items.
4. Further you have to save your customized theme as a package and apply it to your RadPageView. For detailed information concerning these steps please refer to the Saving Themes and Loading Theme Package sections of this article
For your convenience I have attached a sample project containing a customized ControlDefault theme. I hope you find my answer useful. Please let me know if you experience any difficulties with the above suggestion. I will be more than happy to assist you.
the Telerik team
Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>