This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Important Info

7 Answers 943 Views
WebParts for SharePoint
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Telerik Admin asked on 12 Jun 2007, 07:57 AM
We are pleased to announce the availability of a Full-Featured RadEditor for SharePoint 2007 (MOSS).

RadEditor is a rich cross-browser alternative to the default editor in MOSS and WSS v3 in all supported scenarios (Web Content Management, Web Part and List Items). The Premium RadEditor wrapper for MOSS is based on the full-featured RadEditor version and provides a great level of customization and user experience. This new provider will allow you to take advantage of several key features that are not available in the free version of RadEditor for SharePoint 2007 (Lite Edition). More specifically:
  • In-line AJAX Spellchecker
  • Find and Replace
  • 7 Ways for Pasting from Word
  • AJAX-based Document and Media Dialogs
  • Dockable and Floating Toolbars
  • A Wide range of Toolbar Modes
  • System Modules for Advanced Users
  • Full-Screen Mode and Zooming
  • Unlimited Level of Undo/Redo with Action Trails

In order to use the provider for SharePoint 2007 you need a valid license for RadEditor for ASP.NET. The licensing of the ASP.NET RadEditor is Developer based and you can purchase a copy for $349 (per developer seat). With the Developer License you would be able to use RadEditor in all your web applications – both standard ASP.NET projects and solutions based on SharePoint 2007. For more details about the rights of the developer license, please review our Sales FAQ.

To download the trial version of the provider, please go to your Client.Net accounts: My Licenses -> Trials -> Individual Products -> RadEditor -> Downloads -> ‘Full-Featured RadEditor for MOSS”

Further details are available at: http://www.telerik.com/products/sharepoint/editor-for-asp.net.aspx 

Best Regards,
Telerik Team

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
James Fraser
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Jun 2007, 12:56 AM
I downloaded the file "RadEditor_MOSS_7_1_1_trial.zip" from the location specified (under the heading of "Full-Featured RadEditor for MOSS").

Unfortunately, it looks exactly the same as the free "Lite" version of the control. I cannot see a spell checker, docakable toolbars etc etc.

I checked the ToolsFile.xml file - none of the "Premium" buttons were listed as far as I can see.

Have I missed something obvious here? How do I enable the Premium features of the control? Or have I downloaded the wrong installation files - if so, can you please provide better instructions as to where to download from?

I have a client presentation to perform early next week. I need to get this component in now in order to be confident in its performance in the demo.
Lini
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jun 2007, 06:41 AM
Hi,

Both the Lite and Premium versions of the MOSS editor ship with the same configuration settings (designed to match the default MOSS rich text editor).

Since you have the premium version, you can enable the extra features from the editor configuration files. These are located by default at:

\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\wpresources\RadEditorSharePoint\4.1.0.0__1f131a624888eeed\RadControls\Editor\

You can open the ToolsFile.xml and add the spell checker there:

<tool name="AjaxSpellCheck" />

You can open the ConfigFile.xml and enable other features like docking, different toolbar modes, etc.

All the best,
Lini
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
dmetge
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Jun 2007, 12:14 PM
Hi Lini,

I already posted a similar message in the "lite RadEditor for MOSS" section but it was a mistake, as we bought the regular RadEditor v7.1.1, downloaded the "RadEditor_MOSS_7_1_1_dev.zip" and deployed the RadEditorMOSS.wsp contained in it (the strange thing was that the version was dated from 05/30/2007).
(Sorry for the other posting in a wrong section, hope you can delete it !)

We want to develop custom webparts for sharepoint, using the RadEditor as a control. So we're using Visual Studio 2005, and we included references in our project to RadEditor.Net2 and RadEditorSharepoint. Nevertheless, we can't find the Telerik.SharePoint.MOSSRadEditor class you were talking about in the other section of the forum.

And when we're trying to use the Telerik.Webcontrols.RadEditor one, even with this regular version of the product, we've got an error message from Sharepoint when the webpart tries to add the control to his childs (a generic Sharepoint message, just saying "File not found").

We're a bit lost, what must we do ? Could you please explain what is the good way to use RadEditor as a control in a webpart, what is the class to use, what is needed to be installed and deployed on the server ? And finally, where can we found the "white paper for using radeditor in webparts" that was mentionned a few weeks ago on this site ?

Thanks in advance for all these informations !

Daniel
Fish Dev
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Jun 2007, 08:19 AM
Hi,

I made the changes to those xml files and did an IIS reset and I still do not see the spellchecker in my toolbar.  I installed RadEditor_MOSS_7_1_1_trial.zip onto my MOSS and all I see are the LITE buttons.

How is one to know what buttons to enable?  Is there a list of entries I can add to the ToolsFile.xml?

Thanks.

Lini
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jun 2007, 07:44 AM
Hello,

You can check the regular ASP.NET editor docs for more information about the tools file - http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet/editor/?ToolbarIntro.html

In your case - if you want to add the spell checker tool, you need to modify the ToolsFile.xml and add either the SpellCheck (dialog based) or the AjaxSpellCheck (in-line) tool. The next time you open the editor, the spell checker tool will be on the toolbar.

Sincerely yours,
Lini
the Telerik team

Cyrus
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Dec 2007, 11:22 PM
You need to add this info to the SahrePoint / WSS documentation!!!! Just saying "add this line to youf file" is NOT enough!!!!
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 06 Dec 2007, 07:54 AM
Hello Cyrus,

You can find guidance how to add the Ajax SpellChecker in RadEditor for MOSS in the following help article: Add AjaxSpellCheck in RadEditor for MOSS. I will update the article to cover the LIST scenario.

Best regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team

Tags
WebParts for SharePoint
Asked by
Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Answers by