This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Import Wizard causes Visual Studios 2015 Professional to crash

1 Answer 32 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
troy
Top achievements
Rank 1
troy asked on 07 Jun 2016, 06:18 PM

create a new windows forms application project.  

Add new item.  

select "Telerik Report R2 2016 Important Wizard"

select "CrystalReports"

browse to my crystal report (nothing fancy, no subreports or anything)

click "Next"

The conversion begins, but VS stops working and restarts.  sometimes it it crashes at the beginning of the conversion, but sometimes it gets about halfway(I suppose) done and crashes.

I have updated my devenv.exe.config to relect my Crystal XI installation.  I also tried a few different project types including ASP and windows forms.  None have had any difference in the result.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 08 Jun 2016, 03:39 PM
Hi Troy,

Below is a quote from my response in your support ticket on the same question:
"Please send us more details about:
  1. The installed Crystal Reports version.
  2. The configuration settings applied in the devenv.exe.config file.
  3. The error occurring on crashing Visual Studio. For the purpose, please add a system.diagnostics section - Visual Studio Crashes.
  4. If the crash occurs if you upgrade your Telerik Reporting installation to the latest internal build v10.1.16.520. Internal builds can be downloaded from your Telerik account - Downloads - Reporting - Latest Internal Build (https://www.telerik.com/account/my-downloads?product=REPORTING)."

Please let us continue the discussion in one of both threads, in order to keep a better track on the exchanged information.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
troy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
Share this question
or