This functionality can be implemented in Telerik Platform in a few custom steps. I can share a few thoughts on the implementation:
- Your app user enters a name and email for the recipient of the invitation
- The app sends an email notification (for example, from a cloud function
) where a "Join our group" link is supplied. I am not sure how you designed for the new user will join - will this via a web form, via downloading the app or similar. The link, however, may contain an identifier of the group to join to be used further at the time of registration.
- When the user follows the link - the group identifier is sent with the other registration parameters to the backend
- In the Business Logic - Cloud code
(as in the example shown here
) you may validate the incoming user parameters
- After the user account is created - attach the user Id to the group the user pointed out to join.
This is a pretty rough approach that can be polished depending on the requirements of the app, but the main steps will possible remain the same.
Let me know if you have further questions.
Telerik by Progress